Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 08:11 PM

249 posts, read 282,860 times

Advertisements

This is for the 1 year no benefits job, I am not sure but I think it is for the casual position. I seen on my emails that working the rural routes of chula vista and nearby cities and the same for SD City areas. I don't mind the moving and locations, or if I work part time or full I will just go to school. If my wife can stay home that will help out even more if my hours are long which I heard they will be. So I'm not sure yet because im still on the east of the US. I'm sure you know way more about the postal service than me any information you provide I will gladly listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 08:14 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2000 View Post
It just seems like this is all over the place. Chula Vista, La Mesa, North Park, Hillcrest, the beaches, Mexico, and it seems other parts of California as well. Are you just throwing darts and hope something sticks? Makes little sense that you would have Military Housing and then throwing out random places all over the map to live and looking for work at other places at the same time.
Don't forget the 20-minute to the beach requirement and VA close, yet looking at Palm Springs?

Old 05-07-2015, 08:17 PM

Loveautumn I guess I got a decent score on my test and I'm guessing my military service helped a lot. I have been all over the place with me and my wife changing our minds from Myrtle Beach to San Diego to LBC. We want this year to be fun and enjoy before we settle in a city we want to raise our kid in. So for now I know people in San Diego and I know we can find places in that range that we feel comfortable living for a year. We are in a pretty bad area near Ft Bragg, NC and we can't wait to leave the south. I constantly get calls from LA County to Palm Springs to SD it's just up to me to get there when the military tells me I can go. The test was pretty easy to me and Im not a test guy, so studying the book helped me a lot

Old 05-07-2015, 08:22 PM

Luvsouthoc this post has nothing to do with Palm Springs. I get it, I post all the time because when your in the military things change like this all the time. So job opportunities may go away if the military says this and I tell a potential employer that then next thing is call me when you are on your way instead of interview. We like life this way to be honest.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:25 PM

Pedro I just put this up today, as I said before the military is this way. I may have a release date but if Uncle Sam says no, I have to stay until the process is over. So today is may be different than tomorrow or 2 weeks from now because some employers will not wait on me and want me to call when I'm there

Old 05-07-2015, 08:35 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego