Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 11:49 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,427,042 times

Advertisements

I wake up at 6/7 am like clockwork everyday because I am cold. My thermostat is set to 74. When I go to bed it is even a tad too warm. However once the early am hours roll around it is the complete opposite.

Is this typical SD weather or have the mornings been especially cold lately ?

How many of you are sleeping with heaters on and at what temperature ?

THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 12:02 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,576,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I wake up at 6/7 am like clockwork everyday because I am cold. My thermostat is set to 74. When I go to bed it is even a tad too warm. However once the early am hours roll around it is the complete opposite.

Is this typical SD weather or have the mornings been especially cold lately ?

How many of you are sleeping with heaters on and at what temperature ?

THANKS
Yes this seems normal. It's usually chilly in the morning but quickly warms up.

I haven't run my heater in a year but am a mile from the ocean. You are in Encinitas right?

Old 05-17-2015, 12:31 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,427,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Kook View Post
Yes this seems normal. It's usually chilly in the morning but quickly warms up.

I haven't run my heater in a year but am a mile from the ocean. You are in Encinitas right?
Yes. I am one mile from the ocean. Maybe I am going to bed at a time which wakes me up during the early AM hours...who knows. I usually go to bed at 12am so being awake to use the bathroom at 6am makes sense.....then it is hard to fall back asleep.

However I did not have this problem so much in April. It seems if things have cooled off considerably since then.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:21 PM

2,978 posts, read 1,564,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Yes. I am one mile from the ocean. Maybe I am going to bed at a time which wakes me up during the early AM hours...who knows. I usually go to bed at 12am so being awake to use the bathroom at 6am makes sense.....then it is hard to fall back asleep.

However I did not have this problem so much in April. It seems if things have cooled off considerably since then.
It's a backwards year so far, getting cool and wet weather in May after being unusually warm and dry for winter and early spring.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:14 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times
I see you are getting used to the area...if I recall, you earlier noticed and posted how cold the Pacific is.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:21 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Heater? Haven't turned on our heat in well well over a year. Windows open...love sleeping in the cool mornings.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:28 PM

686 posts, read 1,137,962 times
Generally I've found May and June to be the worst months weather wise in San Diego, while these are the best months in NYC!

Old 05-17-2015, 03:30 PM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
It was freezing, got down to like 60-ish. I even had to put socks on, it was crazy. If I had to start the heater it would probably kick out two years of dust rabbits and set the house on fire.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:19 PM

813 posts, read 1,272,525 times
The coldest day in San Diego is still better than anything I have experienced in New England.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:29 PM

686 posts, read 1,137,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowHope View Post
The coldest day in San Diego is still better than anything I have experienced in New England.
Oh come on....I will give you that the worst day in San Diego is absolutely no comparison to the worst day in New England...but I was at my home in Massachusetts today along the coast and it was sunny and about 75 degrees, with little humidity, absolutely perfect! Have you ever even been to New England in September?? What a month that is and in San Diego this is the height of fire season. Yuck! Pros and cons everywhere!

I love New England weather from April to December...because in November and December you are sort of in the mood for the chillier weather due to the holidays; it feels "right" and it's not even that bad. This past year at Christmas in NYC, it was 68 degrees!

However, from January - Late March all bets are off. It absolutely stinks in the Northeast and that is why I am not there during that time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego