Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 09:03 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,553,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchman View Post
Thankfully, driving cars should be illegal in my lifetime.
Planning on living to 300?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 09:12 AM

15,243 posts, read 12,873,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Although I am sure he did not deserve to die, I am sure he did something that ticked her off. To my fellow motorcyclist, don't get into disputes it with automobilists, the one on 2 wheels always losses.

JUST RIDE/DRIVE AWAY, ITS NOT WORTH IT.
Obviously we don't know the whole story yet but it seems both parties had the opportunity to disengage -- and chose not to.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:15 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,842,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You'd be facing life behind bars, just like she will. Think about that.
She eventually will just get a ticket and pay a fine, maybe get probation. Motorists can just about kill anybody with impunity as long as they are not found to be drunk, it's just the way the system works.

What likely happened is the motorcyclist startled and frightened her when lane splitting, she sought to get back and frighten him by swerving her car at him (purposefully using her car as a weapon), he held up his foot to block her car and that led to the chain of events where she ran him over on purpose.

Some folks get crazy angry over the stupidest things, the rest of us just keep an eye on our mirrors, pay attention and move over a bit when we can to let a motorcyclist pass and go on with our day.

A good man died for no reason whatsoever and she will likely get away with murder.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:04 PM

50,135 posts, read 46,765,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
She eventually will just get a ticket and pay a fine, maybe get probation. Motorists can just about kill anybody with impunity as long as they are not found to be drunk, it's just the way the system works.

What likely happened is the motorcyclist startled and frightened her when lane splitting, she sought to get back and frighten him by swerving her car at him (purposefully using her car as a weapon), he held up his foot to block her car and that led to the chain of events where she ran him over on purpose.

Some folks get crazy angry over the stupidest things, the rest of us just keep an eye on our mirrors, pay attention and move over a bit when we can to let a motorcyclist pass and go on with our day.

A good man died for no reason whatsoever and she will likely get away with murder.
Orrrrrr

What happens a lot is people see a bike coming up and are so @#$ about having to sit in traffic while someone zips by, moves over to try and thwart them lane splitting. That would make more sense with the door kicking and the ensuing chase. If that is the case she is getting way more than a wrist slap.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:15 PM

6,485 posts, read 7,470,633 times
Filtering and lane splitting is generally looked down on in other states outside of CA, you should see some of the debates here on CD when the topic comes up as a future possibility on their roadways. Not popular at all.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:21 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,328,974 times
" Mom" says it was all an accident.

"It Was Definitely an Accident": Mother of Woman Accused in Navy Chief Petty Officer Death | NBC 7 San Diego

Old 05-31-2015, 10:58 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,553,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Filtering and lane splitting is generally looked down on in other states outside of CA, you should see some of the debates here on CD when the topic comes up as a future possibility on their roadways. Not popular at all.
Anytime I have a friend from out of state visit for the first time, the response is always "is that legal?" And yet when I tell Californians that I've lived in states where wearing a helmet is a choice, they act equally shocked.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:55 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,501,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post

What would you expect a mother to say??

Old 06-01-2015, 05:40 AM

4,567 posts, read 6,276,333 times
"I apologize in advance if I kill a motorcyclist....I just didn't see him coming".....

B.S.

It would be because you weren't paying attention. Try that on a Judge or better yet, live with the results for the rest of your life, knowing you were too lazy to pay closer attention to your surroundings and in doing so caused the death of another.

You must train yourself to recognize moving objects, other than just other cars/trucks. Most newer motorcycles automatically turn on the headlight when started...thus you have movement to look for, plus a headlight to look for. I, in particular use my high beam, wear "hunter orange", ride a bright red/orange Harley, and have still been cut off by inattentive, mostly older auto drivers. One bozo even looked me in the eye, then proceeded to pull out in front of me. We motorcyclists can only do so much to protect ourselves, other drivers must do their part as well.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 06-01-2015, 06:39 AM

50,135 posts, read 46,765,840 times
The witnesses on tv said she was trying to sideswipe the bike. This won't end well for her if a couple of witnesses come up with the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego