Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 05:47 PM

258 posts, read 1,650,756 times

Advertisements

Here are some of my best San Diego area restaurants :

1. Ki's In Cardiff (great breakfast in North County)
2. Samurai Sushi in Solana Beach (great sushi in North County)
3. Casa De Pico in La Mesa (great Mexican food in La Mesa)
4. Wahoo Tacos in Encinitas (great fish tacos in North County)
5. Rubios in several locations (great Mexican fast food)
6. Hotel Del Coronado in Coronado (great breakfast buffet)
7. Anthony's Fish Grotto in Embarcadero (great seafood and ocean view)
8. Karina's Mexican in Chila Vista (great Mexican food in the South Bay)
10. Mimi's Restaurant in Santee (great breakfast in East County)
11. Coyote Mexican in Old Town (great Mexican food)

Can anyone suggest some others ?

Thanks,
SD Observer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 12:19 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
/Sushi:
Tomiko (Encinitas, 50% off early bird some days)

Pizza:
Bronx Pizza (Hillcrest)
Fiores (Mission Hills/Hillcrest)
Giant Manhattan Pizza ( D Street in downtown Encinitas)

Mexican:
Ortegas (Hillcrest-fancy good)
Roberto's (the one just west of Torrey Pines state park; I think in Del Mar (Italian place right next door)
Santana (Hillcrest), more of a shack fast food place but good

Italian:
Piattis (La Jolla)

Breakfast:
Pipes Café (Cardiff)
The Mission (Mission Beach, North Park)
Brians (U. Heights/Normal Heights)- basic, bulky, but very good, not as refined as Mission
Park City (University Heights)

Old 06-14-2008, 06:52 PM

183 posts, read 631,961 times
Default Croce's

When you tire of eating seafood and steaks, head to Croce's in the Gaslamp and try one of their amazing pasta dishes. Unique and delicious, plus you will dine in a classy atmosphere with good live music.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:07 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,066,267 times
San Diego Chicken pie shop.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:04 AM

83 posts, read 418,132 times
My favorites are Santana's for Mexican or Coyote Cafe in Old Town. I also love the Prado at Balboa Park. San Diego has excellent food! I really miss the California burritos and carne asada fries they have down there. They don't make them here in Sacramento.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:28 PM

489 posts, read 1,956,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Check out some of my reviews on Yelp:
Matthew L.'s Reviews | San Diego | Yelp (http://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=AJkE3sV2GK1NnuEcBwI4UA - broken link)
I had to laugh at your bad review of "S.D. Chicken Pie Shop" because that was a FAVORITE "cheap food place" of my S.D. born-and-bred husband--he especially LOVED the "gluey" chicken pot pies! That place is a real fixture with S.D. natives, along with Rudford's. You're right about the decor--he said the same darned funky "Rooster decor" was there when he went there with his parents as a boy in the late 60s. We used to see the "gals" out back in the parking lot too!

Old 06-26-2008, 01:34 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,853,040 times
Our very favorite restaurant when we lived there was The Linkery. They have the most amazing food.

V. =)

Old 06-26-2008, 04:52 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,735,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
San Diego Chicken pie shop.
Oh we miss the Chicken Pie Shop! When my husband and I first started dating when we were 15, his family took me there one night and they about had a fit when I ordered a hamburger,lol. I was schooled right then and there that the only thing you order from the Chicken Pie Shop is a chicken pie dinner,lol.

Others that I miss are taco shops like Cotija in Lemon Grove and Los Panchos in El Cajon, the one on East Main, across from the old EC Hospital. They don't have anything out here that compares! Really miss carne asada burritos and rolled tacos!

Happy hour at the Brigantine in La Mesa, the best fish tacos and chowder! Hmm, that's all I can think of right now!

Old 06-27-2008, 10:22 PM

233 posts, read 827,412 times
Jasmine in Clairemont for best dim sum.

Brockton Villa in La Jolla.

Haven't tried, but heard good things: The cottage in La Jolla, George's by the Cove, Mission Coffee Cup Cafe.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:44 PM

33 posts, read 120,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RND View Post
I miss San Diego food almost as much as I miss my family out here in Texas. You guys would not believe what they try to pass off as "Mexican Food"
If you think you have it bad in Texas, try Portland. Beans, rice and crappy tacos....that's about it. Robertos/Albertos in SD can beat any place in Portland, even expensive sit-down restaurants. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego