Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 10:15 AM

6,418 posts, read 11,547,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady757 View Post
No. I did not post in VB. I've lived here most of my life. We have casually tossed around the idea of exploring the opposite coast more for the sake of travel, but also to explore certain cities based on research in case we might like to relocate one day. I've heard a few close people who have either lived there or visited SD frequently speak fondly of it. None of these people have kids so I'm trying to learn more about it in general but also with respect to how kid friendly it is (i.e. rec opportunities, abundant parks and playgrounds etc., house lots with yards/space). I do not hate my city; rather, I am concerned about weather (i.e. it feels like you are trapped inside because the heat and humidity aren't fun to be outside in) and other quality of life factors. Even though I've visited out west, it was only touristy stuff, so I am now trying to get a feel for the place (as much as one can before visiting) before we trek over with a family of 5. I do know both VB and SD are higher than avg cost of living and the SD is much more so, thus salaries would have to compensate as with most relocations. I guess I'm wondering who switched coasts and liked it/disliked it and why. Thank you for the helpful feedback thus far.
San Diego has plenty of kids, so plenty of stuff for kids to do. Your bigger challenge would probably be finding jobs for you and/or your spouse.

As far as the weather, it's better than most of the USA, but it's not perfect. Just sayin' ...

If you don't hate your city, consider whether uprooting a family of 5 from a place you don't hate is a bit too much uproar to be worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 10:42 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,555,831 times
Weather is "better than most of the USA" is an understatement. Its better than anywhere else in the continental USA IMO. Hawaii might be its only rival but then again, that humidity.

SD has about as close to perfect weather as I can imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego