Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 08:59 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
The reason people have trucks is because there is room to park them lol. Try fitting in a parking space in UTC.

For quick runs to the hardware store instead of fighting home depot, the Dixieline on Main Street is quick and easy and I don't find the prices to be any different.
If you have an F350, like I do, you can park in the loading zone for I believe 20 minutes Just sayin

Home Depot has an entire section for truck loading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 11:21 AM

6,496 posts, read 7,525,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandasand View Post
Thanks Pecivil! I haven't explored your neighborhood yet but on the map it looks like there's some mobile home parks surrounding it. Is that accurate? I'm not against them but I think some can be dumpy. My husband likes the new neighborhood feel (maybe I do too but I hate to admit it). we have owned several 2 story newer cookie cutter houses in HOA communities before we moved to San Diego. We have decided to wait to buy in SD until we figure out where we want to live long term. So now we have been here for 2.5 years. Husband is retired military, police office, and now in law school. He's very particular about housing condition and neighborhood. He wants to be close to shopping and also wants a two story house in a newish neighborhood. That's why we love Serra Mesa because it's central. However, the house we had before was rehabbed 1300 sq ft in an older neighborhood. So he picked Stonecrest for the place we rent now. We have a huge house with no yard(just a glorified patio). i hate this place. The neighbors are all really weird, lots of "drama." There's no way I would buy one of these houses for $700k. We also pay high rent and our landlord is terrible - the water heater blew up and flooded our garage, they did not connect the furnace to the thermostat, all the appliances were not operational. On the surface it looks fancy but the owners (they moved back to China) treated this house like crap, tried to cover up the issues, I feel like I was bamboozled! We can't get out of this place fast enough! Our lease ends in July.

The mobile home parks in the immediate vicinity to the new development are well kept and up on the hillsides, as a matter of fact one even looks down on the new subdivision. The 8 Business Hwy has a variety of dwellings including mobile home parks, RV parks, townhomes, old ranch homes, older subdivisions, and a few mcmansions up on the hilltops/sides, I am not sure I have seen any apartment complexes in that area, these are the ones that tend to bring areas down... I would say the dumpiest parts of the area are the dusty industrial lots with work trucks, tractors, etc. There are some dumpy trailers parks in Lakeside, but non that I have seen around the area you are asking about.

I would also say that if HOA's and uniformity are your thing than the 92040 or any unincorporated part of the County may not be for you.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:56 AM

82 posts, read 110,856 times
[quote]I haven't explored your neighborhood yet but on the map it looks like there's some mobile home parks surrounding it. Is that accurate? I'm not against them but I think some can be dumpy

There are several, but you really dont see them from where we are at. There is one that is slightly west and above us but you really dont see much. I dont know if they are dumpy or not, we have not driven through any of them to be honest.

The places in the complex are all new and 2 story, but we dont have much yard. If you want a nice yard, you will have to spend more than low 400's for sure.

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego