Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 02:22 AM

38 posts, read 57,857 times

Advertisements

I live in north county and I believe the US dollar is going to collapse in the near future and there will be chaos every where at least for some period of time. I think the Mexicans may want to "take back" So. Calif. and or the Mexican gangs will be taking new ground. Either way So. Calif. will not be a good place to be. I think if I decide to get out so will every one else and that will be a problem. And waiting to the last minute to see which way it goes sure makes it tough. What is your plan? Do you talk to other people about this scenario?

Old 06-23-2015, 02:44 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times

Old 06-23-2015, 08:01 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,562,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick129 View Post
What is your plan? Do you talk to other people about this scenario?
Although some people may call you paranoid, I am surprised at how many wealthy people have contingency plans for the collapse of the dollar.

I assume in your scenario the Mexican peso remains the strong currency relative to the US dollar. Unfortunately, I think it is unlikely that the dollar would collapse without bringing down the Mexican peso. I think it is very unlikely that any part of the USA would attempt to switch loyalties to another country, but the most likely places would be Alaska to Canada or southern Texas from San Antonio south to Mexico. Hawaii also has a reasonably strong independence party.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:24 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times
Huh?....stop watching Glen Beck reruns. The USD has strengthened over the past year and remains the worlds currency and the U.S. economy remains the envy of the world. Look at all the money from the 1% from around the world getting their money out of their own countries and investing in U.S. assets, such as real estate (in many cases 100% cash deals). Take a trip out of Fallbrook and visit NYC and Miami, among other U.S. Cities, and you will see for yourself....I'm still waiting for doom and gloom runaway inflation that was predicted years ago by a certain political party that has not materialized; instead, sounds like you missed out on and would have been better off investing in one of the greatest bull market runs ever that is continuing to this day.

Last edited by elchevere; 06-23-2015 at 09:16 AM..

Old 06-23-2015, 09:17 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
SMH... What happens when a fellow Fallbrook neighbor posts at 1:22AM.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:30 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Just. Stop.

The US Dollar is actually TOO strong. We could stand for it to weaken a little.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:44 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
SMH... What happens when a fellow Fallbrook neighbor posts at 1:22AM.
Control your people up there ShelbyGirl

Old 06-23-2015, 09:56 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times
nonsense....I love traveling to Europe and South America when they are on sale thanks to a strong USD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Just. Stop.

The US Dollar is actually TOO strong. We could stand for it to weaken a little.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:59 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,281,063 times
I use Chinese investment in the US as a barometer. They continue to invest in the US. I don't mean in Stocks. But in Real Estate. Still huge. Some expected a fall waaaay back when the US went off the Gold Standard.

To me Cyber War is where they can install our fall. So many electronics are made in China mow.... who is to say something planted so subtle.... its undetectable. Then if a time came they wanted..... cause chaos.

Not saying it will happen.... just I do not think use of another currency that is universal..... will mean a sudden catastrophe. The knowledge of it coming, means it is not like a sudden Stock market paranoia crash. That is not known. That does come like a earthquake.

The New World Order spoken of from Bible Prophecy in Protestant Christianity to Politics... as if we can prevent it? Is seemingly still on schedule. It is more on how money and trade moves around the world. If that gets radically altered. All suffer. Not merely the US. Every hiccup in the US economy affects the worlds Stocks too.

China may continue without the US HUGE TRADE NUMBERS. But NOT without Economic turmoil there too. Many Factories would be forced to close.

I find it IRONIC that if they predict a CALIFORNIA in turmoil and chaos? That Mexico will rush in to take it over? They might have too many problems with Mexicans heading back to Mexico and Americas in general trying to get in too? If Chaos is so widespread in the States.

Wouldn't it be IRONIC..... IF we built a sort of Wall along the Whole border, to prevent illegal immigrants coming here.... and if some here PREDICTIONS ARE TRUE... of just the Dollar? That I could become a wall to keep us in? Mexico arming the border.....

Old 06-23-2015, 10:20 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
This current bubble was predicted by some econimists encouraging preperation for a melt down ,and to be honest it makes sense to be prepared in the event any kind of desaster predicted or otherwise makes no difference.
To act as though nothing CAN go wrong is foolish ,I think . so I prepare in the event it occurs . so even if it doesn't and california does not fall into the sea ,I've saved money on food and water and learned some skills on gardening and that's a good thing.
I've een through some serious desasters where preparedness paid off , so don't look for sympathy from many of us that have been thruogh hard times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego