Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 09:31 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times

Advertisements

Little surprised Denver ranked ahead at #3, otherwise I agree with most of their rankings (I prefer Prague to London, but not that big a difference at 2 vs. 4).

Tour the World's Best Beer Cities | The Beer Connoisseur
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 11:05 PM

76 posts, read 70,972 times
Ugly truth: Rural Ohio is the beer capital of the world. No seriously.

Why?

Because they get distribution from all the brewers that matter. Founders and Bells are the best brewers in north america. If you disagree you don't know beer at all, sorry to be smug. Rural Ohio gets both, at friendly prices. Unlike Michigan however, they get a steady supply of Colorado beers and west coast beers. London beers are universally trash, the only good brewer in England is Sam Smith and everyone in the States can get that.

...Portland does not have a single great brewery in the city. Just good ones. Name a truly great beer from Portland. Go ahead...it doesn't exist.

This list is awful and wrong. I've lived in literally all of the top 7 places and they suck for beer compared to rural Ohio.

Rural Ohio is an awful place to live but alas, the truth is the truth. Second place is anywhere in Michigan. Denver/Boulder beers are an embarrassment to human civilization compared to Two Hearted Ale, Founders Breakfast Stout, Founders KBS, Founders Dirty Bastard, Bells all day IPA, etc.

Drink a boulder-brewed dales pale ale which Denver-types rave about. Then drink the same style from Bells. You won't even consider Dale's a serious beer anymore.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:33 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaminofitall View Post
Ugly truth: Rural Ohio is the beer capital of the world. No seriously.

Why?

Because they get distribution from all the brewers that matter. Founders and Bells are the best brewers in north america. If you disagree you don't know beer at all, sorry to be smug. Rural Ohio gets both, at friendly prices. Unlike Michigan however, they get a steady supply of Colorado beers and west coast beers. London beers are universally trash, the only good brewer in England is Sam Smith and everyone in the States can get that.

...Portland does not have a single great brewery in the city. Just good ones. Name a truly great beer from Portland. Go ahead...it doesn't exist.

This list is awful and wrong. I've lived in literally all of the top 7 places and they suck for beer compared to rural Ohio.

Rural Ohio is an awful place to live but alas, the truth is the truth. Second place is anywhere in Michigan. Denver/Boulder beers are an embarrassment to human civilization compared to Two Hearted Ale, Founders Breakfast Stout, Founders KBS, Founders Dirty Bastard, Bells all day IPA, etc.

Drink a boulder-brewed dales pale ale which Denver-types rave about. Then drink the same style from Bells. You won't even consider Dale's a serious beer anymore.
But Nobody want to live in Ohio
My Niece works for FedX in Ohio and is doing everything humanly possible to come back home to San Diego
Ohio may have great beer, but it sucks to live There!
I'm here almost every Thursday
Bolt Brewery

The Mango Beer here is amazing. I've had women that dont even like beer,"knock back" a couple of pints.

Old 06-26-2015, 01:34 PM

601 posts, read 1,451,417 times
Denver has better tasting water (Snow water from the Colorado Rockies).

Old 06-26-2015, 04:00 PM

6,502 posts, read 7,531,718 times
I love any of our IPA's (Mission, Karl Strauss, Stone, Green Flash, St Archer, Coronado Brewing). My favorite of the bunch is Karl Strauss Long Board IPA where my least favorite is Mission, but the Mission IPA still tastes good.

IPA #005 by Groundswell Brewing in Mission Valley/Grantville is also a very fine beer by a smaller local brewer.

I feel sad when I go home to Texas and I have to order mainstream IPA's like Rebel or Goose Island. Proud to say I haven't drank Miller, Coors, Bud, or even the popular Mexican beers in years.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:44 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
San Diego is microbrewery heaven. It's a shame I can't drink. I sure wouldn't mind a cold brew. Not all bottled stuff is bad...what about Heineken and St. Pauli girl?

Old 06-26-2015, 07:17 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy5 View Post
Denver has better tasting water (Snow water from the Colorado Rockies).
Do they actually use stream water? I'm thinking they don't. Regardless, silver bullets are my go to "regular old beer" that isn't really heavy.

I love heavy beers but they will kick your butt.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:48 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times
True...more than one craft beer and I have the potential of turning into a zombie or White Walker from Game of Thrones the next day...give me a Becks, Pilsner Urquell, Stella, or Bass Ale any day when I'm having more than one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do they actually use stream water? I'm thinking they don't. Regardless, silver bullets are my go to "regular old beer" that isn't really heavy.

I love heavy beers but they will kick your butt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego