Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 06:21 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,790,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbol View Post
^^^ Those are all very good examples.

Here's another:

[URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_Gate_(religious_group)"]Heaven's Gate[/URL] mass cult suicide during the Hale Bopp comet rendezvous
I was going to mention this. We have had a lot of loonies here.

The cult, the guy who went driving around in a huge tank running things over.

The kid who shot all of the people in the movie theater in Colorado was from San Diego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 07:41 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,175,996 times
Oh, sure, Tank Guy is remembered, but no love at all for Bus Guy, or Bear Guy?

Old 06-27-2015, 08:26 PM

4,537 posts, read 12,397,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
Oh, sure, is remembered, but no love at all for Bus Guy, or Bear Guy?
Thanks, that reminds me - circa 1986 or 1987, a guy tried to climb Mount Soledad Cross. Apparently that was the thing to do back then.

Dude made it partially up the cross before he lost his grip and impaled himself on the spiked fence meant to deter Darwin's Best from climbing the cross. The spike went through his groin area.

They had to cut off the ... no not that!... they had cut off the tip ... again, not that!... they lopped off... no, not that - you've been watching too much Game of Thrones ...

it was the top of the fence spike that was cut off. With the spike still in his groin, they transported him to the hospital for final removal. I'm not sure how popular Mt Soledad Cross climbing is anymore. I haven't heard of any repeats.

But truly, this must have been " The Most Cringeworthy "

Old 06-27-2015, 09:22 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,988,281 times
Quote:
Oh, sure...Bus Guy
Bus Guy reminds me of Keanu Reeves in Speed!

Old 06-27-2015, 10:54 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
Being the inspiration for a Boomtown Rats' song - - shooting up schools when it wasn't cool yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clevel...ng_(San_Diego)

For a while I lived a few blocks away from the school site - - it's now the Magnolia Science Academy in the San Carlos area.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:51 PM

6,496 posts, read 7,525,332 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ3If73-VJo

Old 06-28-2015, 09:39 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Driving toward downtown under the 163 / University Street Bridge innocently with my conservative father from Texas during Pride Parade as a float full of men dancing wearing only pink thongs passed over.

It certainly made me laughed, he, on the other hand, was cringing.

I'm as straight as a sidewinder and I would cringe too. I dislike any thing that perpetuates stereotypes that gay men are oversexed. Gay people are capable of being normal and not "oh my goooooosh" campy and fruity. I wouldn't ever wear a thong in the bedroom anyway, let alone in public. I want to be able to take my own children to pride parades, and for it to be a family friendly environment. That kind of oversexed crap really isolates the gay people who just want to be respected as normal Americans that get married and raise well mannered children.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:02 PM

6,496 posts, read 7,525,332 times
Quote:
Oh, sure,
Tank Guy is remembered, but no love at all for
Bus Guy, or Bear Guy?
I had no idea about "bus guy", looks like he caused a frenzy on land and in the air. As Rick James would say, "cocaine's a hell of a drug."

Old 06-28-2015, 10:58 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
I visited my brother in Oceanside a couple of weeks ago and we decided to drive down the coast a bit and ran into the Del Mar Fair (San Diego County State Fair?). Turns out it was some sort of discount day, and traffic was completely jammed up in all directions. All to save a few bucks? Hmm.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:19 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I visited my brother in Oceanside a couple of weeks ago and we decided to drive down the coast a bit and ran into the Del Mar Fair (San Diego County State Fair?). Turns out it was some sort of discount day, and traffic was completely jammed up in all directions. All to save a few bucks? Hmm.
That's every weekend there. Then it's the track so every weekend much the less every day will be a logjam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego