Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 05:49 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times

Advertisements

Police seek trolley station assault suspect | FOX5 San Diego

Ridiculous violence!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 06:24 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
This cannot be, racists can only be white according to a couple of the local posters.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:50 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,546,362 times
This is Sad!
There was a thread a while back that talked about how the trolley brings these hooligan/Cowards to La Mesa Via the Trolley.
This is not the only incident and hopefully La Mesa PD gets on top of this FAST
I do kind of wonder why the guy doesn't want to prosecute

Old 06-27-2015, 12:00 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,895,809 times
That little sh*t needs to get his azz beat down hard then arrested, deservedly found guilty, then put in jail for five years and never allowed onto transit here ever again.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:19 PM

What is it about SD trolley stops? This seems to happen a lot, don't they have security or police?

Old 06-28-2015, 09:43 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
The San Diego trolley system is pretty nice, IMHO.

Unfortunately, there are quiet a few areas that are pretty ghetto, creepy-creeps hanging around, up to no good. The stops of Encanto-to-downtown and Encanto-to-the-Mall is where I really felt kinda ganked-out, always sent-up red flags.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:27 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
Ug, I hate that we can't have any public transit without mini wannabe ganstas messing it up for everyone. People, where are your kids right now? Come on! That kid obviously was trying to impress a girl who didn't even want it. Stupid people.
What an easy target, poor guy. He's lucky he's ok.

Old 06-29-2015, 06:33 PM

18 posts, read 21,968 times
I've seen things happen like this all the time on the orange line trolley. Especially around La Mesa area because I think that tends to be where people of different cultures/backgrounds collide, therefore resulting in people having a misunderstanding with each other when it comes to their code of conduct.
Not to defend the attacker's actions, they were obviously wrong, but we have to understand the possible cultural difference in the way their actions were conducted. Every time I've seen something like this happen, it's always an older white person doing/saying something in a disrespectful manner to a "ghetto youth" and it always ends up resulting in something like this.
In conclusion, we don't know what was said/done before the assault. He could have just been standing up for his girlfriend and himself (even thought this wasn't the appropriate way to do it) rather than letting someone walk all over them and getting away with it.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatfox View Post
I've seen things happen like this all the time on the orange line trolley. Especially around La Mesa area because I think that tends to be where people of different cultures/backgrounds collide, therefore resulting in people having a misunderstanding with each other when it comes to their code of conduct.
Not to defend the attacker's actions, they were obviously wrong, but we have to understand the possible cultural difference in the way their actions were conducted. Every time I've seen something like this happen, it's always an older white person doing/saying something in a disrespectful manner to a "ghetto youth" and it always ends up resulting in something like this.
In conclusion, we don't know what was said/done before the assault. He could have just been standing up for his girlfriend and himself (even thought this wasn't the appropriate way to do it) rather than letting someone walk all over them and getting away with it.
So, what behavior would be going on that a "older white person" would risk injury and decide to comment about? How would one "disrespect" a "ghetto youth"? Is commenting about foul language "walking all over them"? Is looking at someone "walking all over them"?

Just trying to understand this "ghetto youth" thing you talk of. I didn't realize speech or observation was on par with a beat down, especially since SD isn't really known for having a ghetto in any way shape or form if you compare to other large Cities.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 06-29-2015 at 09:12 PM..

Old 06-29-2015, 09:44 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,895,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, what behavior would be going on that a "older white person" would risk injury and decide to comment about? How would one "disrespect" a "ghetto youth"? Is commenting about foul language "walking all over them"? Is looking at someone "walking all over them"?

Just trying to understand this "ghetto youth" thing you talk of. I didn't realize speech or observation was on par with a beat down, especially since SD isn't really known for having a ghetto in any way shape or form if you compare to other large Cities.
Exactly!

There is no excuse for violence like that. Ever. Especially for the fact that almost everyone of us that might be riding transit doesn't care one whit about you, other than to move about politely among you and wouldn't even make the effort to "disrespect" (what does that even mean to someone you don't know and are not engaging with?) some hood rat miscreant much less take the actual time to engage in the silliness of a teenager's mindset. It doesn't happen that way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego