Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 04:04 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max.b View Post
But why doesn't the US Embassy web site mention this? I couldn't find any official sources saying you need FMM even for a day trip 5 miles from the border. They all say the opposite.
I have no idea. Why is the USA in debt for trillions of dollars ?

They must have the old info on there. Just know that you will be greeted by a mexican immigration officer as soon as you cross the turnstiles into Mexico. You must have a PP or PP Card with you or else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 04:56 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Have you ever been to those islands(nature reserve) off the shore of TJ ? Apparently there is some excellent nature/whales to see. As far as I know you need to go by a charter boat from US Waters...H&M Landing I believe.
Well, I used to before all the additional red tape. There is a big ass old US gunship we sold to the Mexicans patrols that area. We got tired of getting stopped. The Mexican regulations for the longest time just changed like the wind.

You'd be surprised at what you will see on those. Boobies and Elephant Seals for starters. Amazing fishery we have locally. I've even caught Marlin in the middle grounds of those Islands.

I'll miss em.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:02 PM

774 posts, read 1,778,477 times
Quote:
I have no idea. Why is the USA in debt for trillions of dollars ?
The usual thieving probably.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:54 PM

6,504 posts, read 7,533,875 times
Crossing South last night from San Ysidro to TJ in the pedestrian lane with some friends we were briefly stopped as we tried to cross. My son and I who are Mex-American and don't appear out of place were going to be allowed to pass and my white friend (who could pass for a Mexican "guero") was going to be allowed to cross but as soon as they spotted his Asian American girlfriend they asked for her passport. So it looks like they are profiling based on appearance.

My friend told the agents we were simply going to the Xolos soccer match for the night and they sent us on our way without any paperwork or even being detained for more than 20 seconds.

I guess that's a tip for crossing on a Friday night, tell the agents your going to a soccer game. Makes no sense at all but it worked LOL.

Old 04-17-2016, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
My friend told the agents we were simply going to the Xolos soccer match for the night and they sent us on our way without any paperwork or even being detained for more than 20 seconds.

I guess that's a tip for crossing on a Friday night, tell the agents your going to a soccer game. Makes no sense at all but it worked LOL.
This happens sometimes when they get backed up. It depends on the agent greeting you. You just never know what to expect but if you go down often you might as well purchase a 6 month FMM for $26. That way you just show them the slip of paper and walk to the left of the line with the other Mexican Nationals.

YES gringo looking gringo's get singled out.

GO XOLOS. I own 7 hats and I have still not been to a Xolos game. Either nobody has interest in going or tickets are too difficult to acquire. Would like to go at least once. Been to several TOROS games.

By the way the new TOROS Jerseys and Hats are SUPER cool.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:04 AM

6,504 posts, read 7,533,875 times
^^^

I am thinking of going down again with some other gringo friends and its just easier for everyone to walk across on a Friday night versus waiting in line to drive down then the line back up. If you do not wish to purchase the 6 month pass for $26 dlls, what are the other options?

Quote:

GO XOLOS. I own 7 hats and I have still not been to a Xolos game. Either nobody has interest in going or tickets are too difficult to acquire. Would like to go at least once. Been to several TOROS games.

By the way the new TOROS Jerseys and Hats are SUPER cool.
They play again on Friday night May 1. Just go to the website on Monday before the match and you should be able to purchase tickets and print them from the ticketmaster.com.mx website or you can go directly to the stadium to purchase tix with cash.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:46 AM

The only other option is to solicit a free FMM that allows you under 7 days in Mexico. Either way you wait in line so if you go down often get the 6 month FMM.

I have issue with how Xolos sell their tickets. They wait one week before the game to start selling them then there is a frenzy and long lines. I don't do STRESS. That's why I have never purchased tickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego