Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 904 times

Advertisements

I am moving to North County at the end of the year and have identified a few properties in Vista I am interested in.

I have narrowed down a few condos north of the 78 but have seen various posts about the "sketchiness" of the area. I have lived in mixed-ethnicity regions areas before (aka Atlanta, Phoenix) and want some insight into is it the increase of non-caucasian people living in the area that turn people off or is truly an unsafe area due to crime and gangs?

The townhomes I am looking at are:

California Villas - off Emerald Drive north of 78
Vista Knolls - N. Melrose and W. Vista Way

I don't have kids, but I am a single woman so safety is always key. Thanks for any insight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 04:09 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
As a single female, if you want to live in Vista it would be safer for you to live south of the 78. There are lots of townhomes & apartments in the Shadowridge area, try there.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:35 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,576,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachCruiser409 View Post
is it the increase of non-caucasian people living in the area that turn people off or is truly an unsafe area
These are equivalent.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:46 AM

86 posts, read 92,645 times
I live in Vista in the Shadowridge area also. Great area but more expensive and good luck finding a decently priced townhome or condo without a crazy HOA fee.

My mom lives off Melrose north of the 78 so I'm in the area frequently. I personally wouldn't feel bad living there but it is kind of sketchy. My girlfriend works off of Emerald and Cedar also so she's there everyday. She doesn't like it.

That said, I think people assume too much sometimes based off the appearance of a place. I'm sure you could live there for years without any incidents, but just the same maybe you'd get unlucky and end up one the those in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 08-29-2015, 02:02 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
I was a homeowner in Vista, north of the 78, for over 20 years, & experienced the many changes in the area...none of them were good. I would not want my grown daughter to live there as a single.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:45 PM

123 posts, read 193,010 times
There are currently some very nice condos in the low $200's actively on the market in the Shadowridge area, additionally a couple in the area off of Breeze Hill (south Melrose), a few that just hit the MLS this week. Might be worth comparing in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego