Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 11:47 PM

128 posts, read 257,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowHope View Post
I thought this thread was familiar...

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-d...t-big-new.html

Did she decide what she is going to do? Is she moving?
she's still there, as the trucks keep coming.

the neighbors are also wondering if there will be sidewalks, which at this time there are not any.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ca...be3d0df42d28a4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 12:22 PM

20 posts, read 29,866 times
I live in the area and personally am excited for the project. Toll Bros makes a great product and the community has a good mix of homes planned out. That section of El Camino needed to be widened anyways because it bottle necks there during commute times. The housing inventory in this area is always slim pickings. This community should help boost the inventory level up a bit as there are a lot of residents already living in the area looking to purchase in Robertson Ranch and sell their current home. With more resales hitting the market in the area, the prices should ease up a bit. Buyers will have more homes to choose from and the sellers will have pressure from the builder to get their home into contract quickly. The prices for Robertson Ranch are pretty good I think. I was expecting them to be higher being that they're Toll Bros so I was pleasantly surprised when they announced 1st phase pricing.

It would be great so see a little strip mall with maybe a gas station go in at the corner of Tamarack and El Camino. It's a little bit of a trek to grab a loaf of bread at 9pm at night when you live in that area and the County Stores prices are ridiculous.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:11 PM

31 posts, read 37,666 times
Yep, starting at $600k is very cheap in the area especially for a new build. Of course most new builds cost more if you want all the beautiful upgrades in the model homes.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:41 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSarah View Post
Yep, starting at $600k is very cheap in the area especially for a new build. Of course most new builds cost more if you want all the beautiful upgrades in the model homes.
They start in the 800s for the one story 2k square feet, 3/2 that I saw recently. 820s I think. Most of the lots are small for San Diego County (up here they are normal sized). The ones I saw got quite large (and with higher prices): close to 4k square feet.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:36 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,415,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
They start in the 800s for the one story 2k square feet, 3/2 that I saw recently. 820s I think. Most of the lots are small for San Diego County (up here they are normal sized). The ones I saw got quite large (and with higher prices): close to 4k square feet.
It's pretty hilarious when a 4k sq. ft. lot can be considered quite large. I thought my 5.3k sq. ft. lot was quite large for my neighborhood!

Was just looking at the DataQuick data for San Diego County for November 2015 (Dec 2015 is not yet available), and the median priced home sale in Carlsbad was $660k, so there it seems there are people who will be able to move up and over to the new development.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:40 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
It's pretty hilarious when a 4k sq. ft. lot can be considered quite large. I thought my 5.3k sq. ft. lot was quite large for my neighborhood!

Was just looking at the DataQuick data for San Diego County for November 2015 (Dec 2015 is not yet available), and the median priced home sale in Carlsbad was $660k, so there it seems there are people who will be able to move up and over to the new development.
I wrote that poorly. I was referring to the square footage of the homes. The lots I saw available ranged from 5k to 10k. I consider 10 very large and 5k "large" (by OC standards). I agree that 4k is not too big.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:45 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,415,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I wrote that poorly. I was referring to the square footage of the homes. The lots I saw available ranged from 5k to 10k. I consider 10 very large and 5k "large" (by OC standards). I agree that 4k is not too big.
Oh, I can see that now. It also helped that I looked at the development website. No floor plans are listed in the mid 600's any more. Now they're mid 700's with most mid 800's +.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego