Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 08:18 PM

563 posts, read 524,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Getting out of control. Bad enough I see a young and healthy 20 something walking into a Starbucks with a dog that I'm willing to bet a large fortune on is not a service animal but I am writing this from a sit down restaurant in Little Italy where a person is sitting inside at a table with his dog. If his dog is a service animal then I'm Shaquille O'Neil's identical twin (which I'm not).

The feedback I get is that if the pet owner tells the establishment that his pet is a service animal there is nothing they can do. I find that incredulous or else the law needs to change. If a person needs to prove their age to enter a bar then a pet owner should need to prove their pet is a service animal to enter a food establishment....if not, the next time I see what I am reasonably certain is not a service animal I will bring with me some sneezing powder, ask a friend to video me afterwards along with the pet and see if attorney Gloria Allred wants to prove a point. I don't eat and sleep with animals. If it is a legitimate service animal that is one thing; however, there are definitely plenty of people passing off their non service pets as service pets. What's next--is someone going to bring in their pet pig or pet horse and claim it is a service animal??...I do not hate pets; it's the oblivious, classless and inconsiderate pet owners I despise.

His little expensive pooch is probably cleaner than a lot of the people in there. I would not bring my dog to Starbucks for fear of what my dog might pick up!

Doglyness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 09:13 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post
His little expensive pooch is probably cleaner than a lot of the people in there. I would not bring my dog to Starbucks for fear of what my dog might pick up!

Doglyness
And you are part of the problem.
Way to defend an animal that eats its own vomit

Old 09-10-2015, 09:20 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,576,909 times
Well it's also pretty obvious that this thread is not only about sanitary issues regarding dogs

Old 09-10-2015, 09:22 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
And you are part of the problem.
Way to defend an animal that eats its own vomit
and licks their privates Lick your butt and lick your hand, how nice.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:30 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
Cites, please.
What? You don't have Google?

About Our Name | Who We Are | NCEZID | CDC
Zoonotic Diseasesisease Transmitted from Animals to Humans (Zoonosis) - Minnesota Dept. of Health
Animal Transmitted Diseases :: Washington State Dept. of Health

2.2 million people A YEAR die from zoonotic infections. Yes, most of those deaths are in third world countries because first world countries came to recognize the dangers and passed laws and policies.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:44 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,738,305 times
Given the topic, I had to post this here.

Lamp Post Corroded by Dog Urine Topples Over in Downtown San Diego | NBC 7 San Diego

Old 09-15-2015, 06:58 PM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
2.2 million people A YEAR die from zoonotic infections. Yes, most of those deaths are in third world countries because first world countries came to recognize the dangers and passed laws and policies.
Oh please. You are 1000 times more likely to get a disease from another human than you are from someone's pet dog in the USA. And yes, I made that number up. How many more people per year catch colds, flu, meningitis, mononucleosis, STDs, lice, and multitudes of other illnesses and conditions from other people, than get, say, rabies from a dog? You don't want a dog hair in your food, neither do I, but guess what--when you eat out, other humans have been far closer to your food than any dog and there just might be an eyelash in there as well. And, if you can't control your allergies, you should stay home, because you might react to someone's service dog who has as much right to be there are you have.

I have zero problems with quiet, well-behaved dogs lying on the floor while I am eating, whether that is in my own house, someone else's house, or in a restaurant.

This thread is not really about health hazards. It's about people who just don't like dogs and don't want share their environment with them. If you are in a restaurant and someone sitting on the other side of the room has a dog at their feet, I don't believe that you are genuinely concerned that you are going to magically catch airborne hydrophobia.

For the record, I have had dogs and I did not bring them into restaurants or stores, except those that explicitly allow animals, such as Petsmart. Carrying dogs around with me is not my style. But, even though I roll my eyes when I see someone carrying around a Pekingese in a handbag while shopping, I'm not going to throw a temper tantrum and invoke the law and demand that the dog be taken out. The dog is not bothering me. If the mere existence of dogs in the world bothers you that much, then you are the one with the problem and I'm surprised you can even tolerate the presence of a true service dog.

If the dog is barking, growling, defecating on the floor, eating food off tables, or otherwise acting badly behaved or antisocial, then that is a different story. I don't support any of that. But bad behavior is not limited to animals. If your kid is screaming, throwing food, or crawling under my table, then you should take him/her out as well. If your group is talking and laughing so loudly that my group can't hear each other, or moving your chairs and tables around so that they encroach on our space, I'm going to ask an employee to remedy the situation.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:44 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times
Frustrated by Fake Service Dogs | NBC Bay Area

http://m.kesq.com/news/fake-service-...oblem/26743136

Doesn't sound like dog haters to me in above articles.

Last edited by elchevere; 09-15-2015 at 07:53 PM..

Old 09-15-2015, 07:50 PM

6,503 posts, read 7,533,875 times
Looks like Florida did something about it.

Jail time now possible if you have a fake service animal

Old 09-15-2015, 07:59 PM

16,069 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Personally it's not so much about the dogs as it is about the entitled pet owners who think they are above the rules.
Really makes you wonder, do you think they've bothered with training those precious little pooches they sneak in? I doubt it, and I'm far more bothered by the thought of that than I am about a stray dog hair landing in my food. We have a few service animals regularly come in where I work and they don't bother me a bit. Tthere is a big difference in the behavior of those animals and the little purse dogs some of our customers sometimes bring in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego