Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:46 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times

Advertisements

The truth is that you will be hard-pressed to find a 2-bedroom for <1200/month in a "safe" neighborhood. I know that a house across the street from us in our hold 'hood near SDSU rented out to 4 college gals and their rent is somewhere around $3600/month for the house. That might be the route to go once you get to know other students.

Definitely check craigslist to get a better idea of prices. You do have to have realistic expectations - there are always some fancy "looks-good-to-me" descriptions for downright dumps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 05:14 PM

233 posts, read 885,800 times
You didn't mention which college you would be attending. Many of the colleges have discounted student housing in the area. Let us know which college and we can help you better. You have to remember that your energy cost will not be as high as on the east coast so you can afford more for rent. your energy bill should be like $40 compared to $240 so you can use that extra 200 towards rent.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:00 PM

181 posts, read 892,151 times
I am not sure if you would like el cajon, but I used to live there and I didnt mind it. I am pretty sure you can get a two bedroom for under 1200. (or at least you could when I was there a couple years ago.) It is not too far from downtown SD. But I am not sure how close it is to the school you will be attending. And I know there are some areas that are better than others. I lived right by Parkway plaza, and I always felt safe. Well good luck.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:34 AM

11 posts, read 24,291 times
hi everyone and thanks i actually decided against san diego its a beautifull city but to expensive for me as a student right now i will probably come there when i graduate. There are many great cities that dont cost that much. See ya there one day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego