Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 08:01 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times

Advertisements

I worked with a group who handled sex traffic cases. A lot of these young girls are sold by their parent for drugs or money. They are then tattooed by the gang member and sent out to make money for them hooking. They are considered property. It's really gross and sad, poverty and gang life is mostly at play.
I've seen cases where the owners inject the kids with drugs so they become addicted and won't run away. The reality is far from what the norm think it is. Sex trafficking is just like drug and weapon trafficking to them. People still sell their kids. States bordering Mexico have more traffic. Sad stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 04:44 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,016 times
Worlds oldest trade. Like all industries, a dark underbelly. I hope there is a hell, even if I have a one way ticket too.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:17 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
As soon as I see an article with "sex trafficking" in the title, I assume the writer is full of *****. People who don't like prostitution have a new trick. They call it "sex trafficking." I guess they think that will get more attention. Anyway, they'd have us all believe that young children are enslaved, kept under lock and key, and bought and sold. All that sounds terrible, but it's far from the truth. My guess is that most San Diego prostitutes are consenting adults that would rather do that work than have a real job. They aren't trafficked by anyone.
There are still some that are forced into it though.

But those that are independent contractors, how do you find those? I am just curious, that is all.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
true story... I was standing on the corner of 9th and bway on my way to lunch. I saw two gang members approach two 20-something middle eastern male tourists asking them if they wanted to party with some girls. When the guys finally realized what was going on, the gangsters got all pissed and started to threaten them as they walked away. Downtown San Diego can be very sketchy.
The Jane will get better business if they approached in person instead of using third party. They can say things like party, or have fun, and not say the word and they should be fine.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeke View Post
Here is additional research based information.

Is prostitution a choice?

Many people believe that prostitution is a choice and a valid career path. However, this is a fallacy. Nearly all prostituted women do not choose to engage in prostitution of their own volition, but rather have been forced or coerced against their will. In the cases where women are not forced outright to engage in prostitution, they are generally forced into it by their circumstances, e.g. addiction and poverty. Additionally, 90 percent of prostituted women have been physically abused as children*, 74 percent have been sexually abused by a family member**, 50 percent have been sexually abused by a non-family member***, and 75 percent have drug problems****, damaging factors that further remove the “choice” from the equation. Once involved in prostitution, women are very often abused or murdered by johns and by pimps. In surveys of prostituted women, consistently 89 to 96 percent said that they wanted to exit the prostitution system but could not due to a lack of healthcare, money, education, and other basic resources. There is no real difference between prostitution and slavery.

Certainly no child every “chooses” to be prostituted. And yet, the average age of the entry into prostitution in the United States is 12 to 14 years old. This is a serious challenge to the idea that women choose to be prostituted.

* Giobbe, E.; Harrigan, M; Ryan, J; Gamache, D (1990) Prostitution: A Matter of Violence against Women. WHISPER. Cited in Encyclopedia of Women and Gender: Sex Similarities and Differences and the impact of Society on Gender. 2. San Diego: Academic Press, 2002, page 882.
** Ibid.

*** Ibid.

**** Farley, Melissa and Howard Barkan. “Prostitution, Violence against Women, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.” 1998.
In a society where it is ILLEGAL then yes you will have the victims, and bad people in on it.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:43 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeke View Post
Here is additional research based information.

* Giobbe, E.; Harrigan, M; Ryan, J; Gamache, D (1990) Prostitution: A Matter of Violence against Women. WHISPER. Cited in Encyclopedia of Women and Gender: Sex Similarities and Differences and the impact of Society on Gender. 2. San Diego: Academic Press, 2002, page 882.
** Ibid.

*** Ibid.

**** Farley, Melissa and Howard Barkan. “Prostitution, Violence against Women, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.” 1998.
With all due respect NONSENSE. Do you read about prostitutes or do you actually go out and sample the goods ? That would be like a drug addiction counselor who has never done drugs trying to counsel an addict.

A lot of this nonsense is promoted by nazi pro feminist groups and religious organizations.

You can't change the world but at least I can try to educate the clueless.

Society is a one sided drawing. What about the guys who get robbed beaten up given STD;s blackmailed and have to pay exorbitant amounts of money to get their D wet ? No love for the male species ?

Old 10-28-2015, 08:46 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
For adults...legalize it control it and tax it.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:39 AM

745 posts, read 1,567,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
With all due respect NONSENSE. Do you read about prostitutes or do you actually go out and sample the goods ? That would be like a drug addiction counselor who has never done drugs trying to counsel an addict.

A lot of this nonsense is promoted by nazi pro feminist groups and religious organizations.

You can't change the world but at least I can try to educate the clueless.

Society is a one sided drawing. What about the guys who get robbed beaten up given STD;s blackmailed and have to pay exorbitant amounts of money to get their D wet ? No love for the male species ?
This info was research, not my personal opinion. The research data was compiled by Soroptimists sort of the women's version of the Shriners, not exactly a radical organization. The discussion is around the prostitutes at the moment. That does not mean that expressing concern for prostitutes is somehow anti-male.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:33 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Looks like a couple of johns in this forum, you guys are pretty bold ... internet's not as anonymous as you might think

Old 10-29-2015, 12:38 PM

87 posts, read 131,710 times
I'm just concerned if this is in our schools. I heard that even schools in "better" areas were infiltrated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego