Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 05:06 PM

50,252 posts, read 47,011,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Although i partially agree with you, i will not let our elected Officials off the hook on this.
They could of banged this out 10 plus years ago, but they were to busy voting themselves raises and running the city Pension System into ground.
Like SDlife said, "Nothing ever gets done in this town".
A lot of truth to this. The CC has always went down rabbit holes over stuff not worth spending money. What's the latest one, oh ya DT Library.

Anyone hit a pothole recently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 06:19 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,889,961 times
Oakland Raiders just bowed out of the Carson deal so it's likely the Chargers and Rams all the way up in lovely Inglewood :-/

Old 01-12-2016, 06:58 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,889,961 times
Awkward! The Chargers stay in their hated host city for at least a year or two and then have the option to join The Rams in a new stadium in Inglewood.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Can't wait to see Spanos pouting in the sky box back at the Murph this year.
Yes, I called it

Old 01-12-2016, 07:36 PM

444 posts, read 665,196 times
Quote:
Yes, I called it
Spanos can still join the Rams as either a tenant at Inglewood or somekind of minority ownership or the new stadium. It was stated by the commissioner that Spanos has a year to make a decision and can make a decision even tomorrow and in time to relocate to LA by the 2016 year.

San Diego came out OK today despite all the doom and gloom predictions. In Spanos' statement to the media he said he will weigh all his options even with the home market. He made $100 million today out of this mess.

Glimmer of hope for SD Charger fans-----YES! Can we stomach anymore of this?---NOPE!

Old 01-12-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongozx View Post
Spanos can still join the Rams as either a tenant at Inglewood or somekind of minority ownership or the new stadium. It was stated by the commissioner that Spanos has a year to make a decision and can make a decision even tomorrow and in time to relocate to LA by the 2016 year.

San Diego came out OK today despite all the doom and gloom predictions. In Spanos' statement to the media he said he will weigh all his options even with the home market. He made $100 million today out of this mess.

Glimmer of hope for SD Charger fans-----YES! Can we stomach anymore of this?---NOPE!
Spanos is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too greedy to be a tenant.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:50 PM

60 posts, read 80,846 times
Quote:
Spanos is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too greedy to be a tenant.
Since he didn't get his way, what do you think his next move is? Does he concede and make-up in SD, or is his ego too bruised? I can't get over the $550 million relocation fee to be a tenant.. if I read that right.

The City of San Diego will likely honor their original deal. I hope they reach out to him and try to make this work. I think they should make the stadium with a retractable dome, so other events could be held there outside of 8 football games a year. That would allow concerts and other events to increase revenue. They might also attract some major college bowl games if they do it right. San Diego is a destination city and that could help to lure a future super bowl, too.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:00 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,931,730 times
^ a dome in sd doesn't seem to make sense given the current climate, but the dilapidated sports arena needs to be dealt with

Old 01-12-2016, 10:08 PM

60 posts, read 80,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
^ a dome in sd doesn't seem to make sense given the current climate, but the dilapidated sports arena needs to be dealt with
It wouldn't be for the weather. It would be for other events think: final fours, concerts, events etc. it would be a retractable dome. You could leave the dome open for all the games. More cities want other events to produce revenue since pro football home games are normally 8 games if no playoffs. This stadium needs to be built for the future in my opinion.

Last edited by tycoon85; 01-12-2016 at 10:27 PM..

Old 01-12-2016, 10:48 PM

601 posts, read 1,451,185 times
Spanos is a hated man, alienating the fans and the city. Eff that guy.

His team hitting the skids this season is karma working it's magic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego