Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 07:12 AM

60 posts, read 80,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mippity View Post
Same person posted on SD reddit today. Either a troll or maybe emotionally disturbed. Got really nasty and made racists comments against whites, asians, Hispanics and didn't hesitate to disparage African Americans either.
Yeah, not sure why you would make your username San Diego hates me. Seems like a troll move. Really lame if so. OP if you are serious.. I would rather date a 7 who is fun and not bitchy vs a 10 who has a negative attitude. When you meet dudes keep that in mind, because looks only go so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2016, 10:09 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mippity View Post
Same person posted on SD reddit today. Either a troll or maybe emotionally disturbed. Got really nasty and made racists comments against whites, asians, Hispanics and didn't hesitate to disparage African Americans either.
I post on there too. I'll have to go check it out. I think the op should seek some counseling. There may be some validity in her statements about dating but still there is a better way to go about it.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:45 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,250,482 times
So, does that mean a black man relocating to San Diego hoping to date a black woman won't run into a lot of competition?

Old 01-02-2016, 08:58 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegohatesme View Post
I have had ZERO problems in other cities, countries, states etc. because I'm pretty

What's the answer then? Black men might complain but they are still considered sexy. Gay culture is quite shallow and vain unfortunately and is solely about looks.
Why just gay and black? Everyone pities themselves.

The answer lies in me. Well, let's see my first guess "I'm really pretty and I have huge boobs" so the only logical reason is San Diegans are racist in their dating preferences. I have no problem with gay men and women in San Diego/Hillcrest because without them I would have thought I was crazy, but they assure me that I'm very good looking and San Diego is the problem.

It's not self-pity I am just stating reality. I'm not going to go drink my sorrows away

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegohatesme View Post
Maybe that's true. But I'm pretty and I have had zero issues everywhere else I go.
Not to mention humble......
It is also quite funny that you talk about the shallow and vain culture of gay people in basically the same breath!

Old 01-02-2016, 08:58 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,014,058 times
If you're attractive and have an engaging personality, you'll get plenty of offers.
If you even just put up a profile pic on city-data, you'll likely get some interest from a San Diego poster on this site.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:30 AM

285 posts, read 301,530 times
How about you try dating someone of another race, OP? Just because you're a black girl doesn't mean you have to date only black guys. As another poster has mentioned the black population in San Diego is around 6% and you have to factor in that most likely only half of that 6% are males, so unless you plan on broadening your horizons odds won't be at your favor

Old 01-03-2016, 07:10 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,769,870 times
There's actually quite a bit of Blacks that live in SD and SD proper despite what the census might say. It's not ever going to be Atlanta Black or some other cities in the Deep South Black, but they are definitely out here and you shouldn't be discouraged by the numbers.

Just keep trying. Go to some downtown hip hop night clubs in the Gaslamp, you'll see a whole bunch of Black folks getting down, so that's an option.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:34 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
I agree it resembles a troll post. Who in their right mind would give up on a PhD degree from UCSD just because they can't find a date???

Old 01-03-2016, 09:04 AM

2,173 posts, read 4,408,585 times
The OP does have a point. I have noticed from casual observance on the West Coast it seems like 70-80% of black males are with non-black women. It is actually fairly rare these days to see a black man/black women couple on the west coast. And in the U.S. white, hispanic and asian men do not date black women in high numbers. And studies have shown something like 70% of black women dating age are single (the most of any race of women). Studies also have shown black men are the most likely of any gender/race and any to date outside their race. So she is not imagining this at all, there is definately more of a challenge for black women dating in America (but not just SD, it's probably everywhere, but likely even worse in SD).

It's interesting though when I was in Europe (France, Portugal) recently, I saw A LOT more white men with black women & with mixed children. These are black women from Brazil, Caribbean and Africa who are European immigrants (or their parents were immigrants and they were born in Europe - they are not American black women). Black women in Europe from the Caribbean and Africa in Europe have a different vibe about them then American black women. They seem more sweet and feminine and less of that hard edge, attitude and chip on the shoulder many American black women seem have (not all of course, but many). They also have great French & British accents which adds to allure (vs. U.S. ebonics hood slang of many American black women). I think this is part of it, and European white men also have less of hang up about dating black women than American white men.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:13 AM

1,600 posts, read 939,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
It's hard to date as a male in the San Diego area because males outnumber females thanks to the military presence. Women get a lot of men to choose from. It's literally "Man Diego."
No way is it "Man Diego". San Diego has tons of hot women around. If you think it's bad here, try San Jose (truly "Man Jose") or Seattle and you'll see what slim pickins is all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego