Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 07:16 PM

50,267 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Ha Ha... Well played
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 09:06 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,527,166 times
Are you talking SD only or all of SD Co? If the latter, inland O'side & NW Vista, bordering O'side.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:01 AM

461 posts, read 666,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
That's what I was gonna say. It is a small neighborhood, and a lot of warehouses/light industry amongst the 100 y.o. cottages with newer apartment buildings filling in the spaces. The location directly adjacent downtown is pretty sweet, and the plethora of galleries, architecture/artists studios popping up and the folks that seem to be populating the area brings forth a creative edge that is pretty palpable. It's almost like a tiny Brooklyn (of old) down there these days.
^^ Exactly. The 'hood is becoming quite quaint. As rents rise in other parts of the city those tenants are coming to less desirable zip codes for affordability. When I look on my property manager's website, I see rentals (1 bed/ba) for about $1000 in Logan Heights. While the exterior of the property won't win awards, the interiors look freshly renovated.

I also notice that properties for sale don't stay on the market for long either.

Three decades ago no one could have convinced me that Chula Vista or Santee would have growth potential.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:01 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalswife View Post
Seems like Logan Heights/Bario is on the upswing. There is a recent coffee house and new apartment buildings and eateries in the Bario. Also a new city college campus on Ceasar Chavez & Harbor
This is the part of Barrio Logan. Since the newest Northgate Market went in, that part has been built up. I live in the older part at the end of Main Street on a side street, one block from where National City starts. There's nothing new around here, and no vacant land to build anything either.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:14 AM

50,267 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
This is the part of Barrio Logan. Since the newest Northgate Market went in, that part has been built up. I live in the older part at the end of Main Street on a side street, one block from where National City starts. There's nothing new around here, and no vacant land to build anything either.
You got that right, in many parts of SD. Yesterday I had to go to Fryes off the 15 and Aero. It took me 20 min on Aero to go one mile due to all the new condos built there. There are something like 6 lights all on a long timer. I should have rode my bicycle.
It seems every scrap of land has a condo on it around there now.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:21 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,273,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercad55 View Post
Anyone have any ideas on San Diego's up and coming cities and neighborhoods for future income property or just in general for family living
Honestly, just about anywhere right now, not limited to San Diego proper either. San Diego is and has been on the map for growth and Chamber of Commerce marketability, so that isn't the issue.

I agree with the others in that several SD proper neighborhoods have passed their 'invest for opt' markers. When long time residents metnion things like ' I never thought in a million years, X neighborhood would see growth' there is some wisdom in that for a growing metro area. Its more ripple effect than anything else for the outlying neighborhoods like most of the ones mentioned.

I would add, across the nation, anywhere with downtown centers are being revitalized over the next 30 years per General Plans and dollars for reinvestment, including where I live in Lemon Grove. While there will always be high desirability for master planned communities in SoCal, the rest of the older areas and such will be forced to reinvent themselves because of all the churn.

Not in any particular order
- Escondido
- El Cajon
- Chula Vista
- Imperial Beach

Old 01-24-2016, 08:48 AM

401 posts, read 444,544 times
The VC/real estate crowd are definitely circling Barrio, downtown's next frontier. They have pollution problems, though.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:22 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,642,722 times
Hmmmm....what were we just saying about Barrio Logan being up-and-coming?

Big in the barrio | San Diego Reader

(Meanwhile, it's still possible to buy a single family home in Barrio Logan for under $400,000.)

Old 01-25-2016, 08:23 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,737,271 times
Keep an eye out for El Cajon Blvd, from Park Ave all the way out to just west of the 15. Although it's decades away from it's potential, people are starting to discover it again. Cool businesses are already there, ie, Coffee and Tea Collective, Digital Gym Theater, Tiger! Tiger!, Heart and Trotter butcher, among others.

The Boulevard is back! - San Diego Uptown News - San Diego Uptown News

El Cajon Boulevard Is Poised for a Growth Explosion

Old 01-25-2016, 11:33 PM

414 posts, read 508,362 times
Central/downtown Vista is poised for tremendous growth. I think 2,000+ units are expected to be built in the area from 2014 onwards. It's becoming a hipster suburb, with a downtown more similar to Carlsbad or Encinitas.

It's actually really hard to believe, but pay a visit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego