Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2016, 09:38 PM

3 posts, read 2,148 times

Advertisements

Read that someone was trying to start a tiny home community in the north coast SD area. Any updates about that?
A builder in Sonoma is also planning one & think a tiny home community would be perfect for me. I've actually lived for 2 years in a 200 sq. ft cottage in my yard while renting my house to help pay tuition for my kid so downsizing to 400sq ft is totally doable for me. Just need a patch of dirt to garden in.

I'm a teacher in San Francisco area & will retire in a few years, ( sadly divorcing, must sell in 2 years & split equity) & my daughter in LA wants me near her, but can't imagine living there- traffic & population is too much for me & doesn't seem much cheaper than Bay area. Thought perhaps north SD might have a small town to my liking & plan to explore this summer.
Any suggestions of areas to check out?

San Francisco area seems so small in comparison to LA, so much more manageable in terms of getting around & such natural beauty I'm sad to leave,but of course I live 5 minutes away from the City in a tiny community which affords me best of both worlds- big city cultural excitement when in the mood, close to airport & amenities, but I can hike a mountain 5 minute walk from my door. Can't afford to live here when I sell so...
In order to stay in CA after retirement, looking for other options than isolated in the boonies or in a 55+mobile home park, condo , or (GASP) Arizona or Nevada!

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 02:33 PM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2016/feb/23...ned-escondido/

A tiny home community may be coming to San Diego | San Diego Gay and Lesbian News

Don't know if it had any traction.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:03 PM

6,502 posts, read 7,531,718 times
Plenty of RV and travel trailer communities in East County.

People also live on boats as an alternative.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:52 PM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Plenty of RV and travel trailer communities in East County.

People also live on boats as an alternative.
Mutt has been living on one for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego