Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 08:22 PM

480 posts, read 418,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I think so, too. The OP is apparently afraid of change, also afraid of literally everything else, and some of his posts sound very childish.
If they are childish, why do you bother responding? I guess you are obsessed with responding. You can't let something go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
You state that you haven't applied anywhere yet, but one landlord was very interested in moving forward. You just contradicted yourself.
So what? Are you going to fine me for contradicting myself?

Old 06-04-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoaks View Post
Unfortunately, it does matter. Every time I try to rent in San Diego, Orange County, or L.A., they want to know if I am local to the area, and if I have a job. They are very pretentious individuals compared to, for example, Arizona.

The bottom line is that I'll never be able to rent in San Diego, Orange County, or L.A. Just a very frequent visitor.

I've had six addresses in Arizona and several in Nevada. Never had any problems.

But you cannot beat Southern California for the quality of life.
That's sad. Why do they care if we are local to the area? Seems like a double standard to me.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Hey. Unkind posts. He's moving a long way. California is feared by many folks from back east, which is why they to go Arizona or Colorado

I have never been able to get into San Diego, OC (Orange County), or LA. I've tried many times over the years.

Since he is moving with a job transfer then at least they'll see that he has a job and it will be easier than the rest of us.
Exactly. That's my point. The job transfer should settle most concerns. Although some of the responses here come across as very judgemental and rude. I hope not everyone in SD is an online bully. Wishful thinking?

Old 06-04-2016, 09:40 PM

285 posts, read 377,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt_10 View Post
Exactly. That's my point. The job transfer should settle most concerns. Although some of the responses here come across as very judgemental and rude. I hope not everyone in SD is an online bully. Wishful thinking?
The job transfer should DEFINITELY Settle Most Concerns.

San Diego isn't as laid back in terms of Los Angeles, for example, if you express a political opinion, then some people may take offense if they disagree with it. But I wouldn't worry that much about that and people are still friends.

As for neighborhoods. I'm in Carlsbad today and just picked the recent edition of "San Diego City Beat," which is also on-line.

Every month they've been describing a neighborhood - including many that you've asked about - they call it neighborhood watch -

They haven't covered north county yet. I like north county since it's more suburban, more spread out with lots of trees, open space, and very nice spread out streets and beaches like Carlsbad, San Onofre Beach.

Others, prefer the more concentrated neighborhoods on this web site, further south. So there is something for everyone.\

The only drawback to north county to me is that it is more conservative. But this is changing, since areas closer to downtown are raising their rents, so folks move up to Carlsbad and especially Oceanside for lower rents.

Neighborhood Watch

Last edited by theoaks; 06-04-2016 at 09:53 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 10:01 PM

Default Sample of Rental Criteria includes letter on stationary from your employer

Here is MG Properties group, one of the most strict property managers in the area.
They are nationwide but headquartered in SD.

You will note that they have a section for the employer to sign information that the person is employed.
Also note the 2.5 times the monthly rent although for some of their properties it is 3 times the monthly rent.

This is del Norte apartments in the bay area but it's a similar app to what they do at all their properties. My former manager in Reno, when I rented from MG, used to be at del Norte -

http://www.mgproperties.com/media_li...5a30c61398.pdf

Also, here's an example of a local property mgmt firm in Carlsbad and their application.

http://carlsbadproperties.com/wp-con...ental_Appl.pdf

Crown Management, based on La Jolla, they require a minimum credit score of 700. I disagree. Mine is 640, because I am always applying (and, also receive) the best credit cards that give me cash back. So, my score is lower. But my credit report reveals NO LATE PAYMENTS in 6 years.

https://crownmanagement.appfolio.com...source=Website

Old 06-04-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Here is MG Properties group, one of the most strict property managers in the area.
They are nationwide but headquartered in SD.

You will note that they have a section for the employer to sign information that the person is employed.
Also note the 2.5 times the monthly rent although for some of their properties it is 3 times the monthly rent.

This is del Norte apartments in the bay area but it's a similar app to what they do at all their properties. My former manager in Reno, when I rented from MG, used to be at del Norte -

http://www.mgproperties.com/media_li...5a30c61398.pdf

Also, here's an example of a local property mgmt firm in Carlsbad and their application.

http://carlsbadproperties.com/wp-con...ental_Appl.pdf

Crown Management, based on La Jolla, they require a minimum credit score of 700. I disagree. Mine is 640, because I am always applying (and, also receive) the best credit cards that give me cash back. So, my score is lower. But my credit report reveals NO LATE PAYMENTS in 6 years.

https://crownmanagement.appfolio.com...source=Website

Thank you. This kind of response is very helpful. I am going to check these websites. crown management sounds familiar to me. I will easily pass the income being three times the rent condition and i have had zero late payments or debut. I am very confident I will find something I like. It's just a matter of doing my research to rule out bad neighborhoods and landlords.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:42 AM

37 posts, read 36,290 times
Interesting discussion (crazy, scary, informative). I looked at Crown's application, and wondering, if you just sold a property, therefore no rental references with 800+ FICO, how would that play?
Any tips for self employed people that need to rent?

Old 06-05-2016, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenieSD View Post
Interesting discussion (crazy, scary, informative). I looked at Crown's application, and wondering, if you just sold a property, therefore no rental references with 800+ FICO, how would that play?
Any tips for self employed people that need to rent?
I could never rent from Crown since they want the score to be 700 or above. I am part time self employed and don't make three times the monthly rent. I'd have to live in the cheaper palm springs or Joshua tree, where their are a lot of self employed as there are in Arizona.

Californians judge each other by this three times the monthly rent business. Very peculiar people.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:55 AM

Quote:
I could never rent from Crown since they want the score to be 700 or above. I am part time self employed and don't make three times the monthly rent. I'd have to live in the cheaper palm springs or Joshua tree, where their are a lot of self employed as there are in Arizona.

Californians judge each other by this three times the monthly rent business. Very peculiar people.
That sucks. Money isn't everything. I definitely don't judge anyone based on their income. I wonder how and when this rental policy came in to place? Is it specific to certain states? Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego