Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 12:39 AM

15,110 posts, read 32,127,116 times

Advertisements

Why do you need a dishwasher? I live by myself, and my cat generates more dirty dishes than I do. I just do dishes more than once a day, and it works out just fine for me.

What do you mean by you may have to rent a "temporary "studio?" I think most places require a lease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 01:03 AM

480 posts, read 414,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Why do you need a dishwasher? I live by myself, and my cat generates more dirty dishes than I do. I just do dishes more than once a day, and it works out just fine for me.

What do you mean by you may have to rent a "temporary "studio?" I think most places require a lease.
Well. Everyone suggested not to rent without checking out the place first. Hence, temporary studio is my plan B.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:19 PM

8,364 posts, read 7,551,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt_10 View Post
I saw plenty of apartments in that area when I visited but I can't find them online. May be some apartment units don't advertise on line at all? (
Yes, this is true. Many apartment complexes here do not advertise online. The best way to find an apartment here is sometimes the "shoe leather" method.

Have you considered airbnb as a temporary solution while you look for a place? There are also a number of hotels in town that are set up for longer stays. For instance, in Mission Valley, I know there's an Extended Stay America, and there are also some other options for hotels with kitchenettes.

Good luck with your move!

Old 05-20-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Yes, this is true. Many apartment complexes here do not advertise online. The best way to find an apartment here is sometimes the "shoe leather" method.

Have you considered airbnb as a temporary solution while you look for a place? There are also a number of hotels in town that are set up for longer stays. For instance, in Mission Valley, I know there's an Extended Stay America, and there are also some other options for hotels with kitchenettes.

Good luck with your move!
thanks. Now I am not second guessing myself. I found most of these un advertised apartments in PB. Perhaps my friends can take pictures on smart phones of those apartment offices and send them to me. that way at least I will get a contact number or name? Also, I like to sign up for auto pay while paying rent. If they don't have a web site, perhaps they will expect a check every month? that would be a pain.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:34 PM

You may get a surprise, because lots of management companies still use the old fashioned method - a check. Not everyone uses auto pay these days. A lot of things are probably done differently where you live now, so be prepared.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:14 AM

Quote:
You may get a surprise, because lots of management companies still use the old fashioned method - a check. Not everyone uses auto pay these days. A lot of things are probably done differently where you live now, so be prepared.
OMG. Really? I thought checks were obsolete. May be I can convince them to do auto pay? It's a lot easier, saves paper, postage, and also saves time. I won't remember to pay rent every month so auto pay makes it easy. If I forget, I will end up paying fine. OMG. That would be terrible.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:36 AM

6,418 posts, read 11,542,516 times
If the management company doesn't yet let you set up auto-pay, maybe your banking institution can do it from their end.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:27 PM

Private landlords buy investment properties to rent out, they don't have websites, and it's doubtful if they'll take auto pay. No, checks aren't obsolete, they still get used more often than you think.

If you have a problem remembering to pay rent, you're going to have REAL problems. The only landlord that I've had that didn't take checks, was when I lived in Tijuana. He came around every month, and collected the rent in cash.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Private landlords buy investment properties to rent out, they don't have websites, and it's doubtful if they'll take auto pay. No, checks aren't obsolete, they still get used more often than you think.

If you have a problem remembering to pay rent, you're going to have REAL problems. The only landlord that I've had that didn't take checks, was when I lived in Tijuana. He came around every month, and collected the rent in cash.
It's very easy to set up a web site and sign up for auto pay. I can recommend some books and videos to the land lord so that they can learn and implement it. Who wouldn't be open to the idea of keeping up with the current technology? That would likely bring in more tenants. Unfortunately, I will have to say no to any rental property that does not have or is willing to do auto pay. Way too inconvenient for me and doesn't support the environment and also kind of backwards like 2008 or something.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:26 AM

Private landlords aren't going to be interested in setting up a website, when they can make their money from someone who pays on time with a check, if that's what they want. I would never pay my rent with auto pay, anyway. I have no problems remembering to pay my rent every month, and I don't like auto payments.

With all of your wants and needs, it may be better if you stay where you are. That way you're guaranteed to get what you want without any problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego