Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 05:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt_10 View Post
That's better than being in denial.

You are not making sense right now. But then.. I am not surprised.
Let's just say, I will gladly compare my younger daughter with anyone you know when it comes to success; happiness, financial success and well rounded to anyone you might know at UCSD. She and hubby are in their mid 50s, and doing very well. Yes, she went to SDSU just like her parents. And gee, she was even in a sorority. I suppose you think that is a waste of time as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 08:47 AM

280 posts, read 250,368 times
Those defending SDSU really have their heads in the sand. I am an alumni of SDSU and can say the UCSD is better. Just no 2 ways around it. The only thing that SDSU has going for it is their business program. Even then, those who went to UCSD and got a degree in economics are at a similar level to the SDSU crowd.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:29 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizrulesSD View Post
Those defending SDSU really have their heads in the sand. I am an alumni of SDSU and can say the UCSD is better. Just no 2 ways around it. The only thing that SDSU has going for it is their business program. Even then, those who went to UCSD and got a degree in economics are at a similar level to the SDSU crowd.
Which School would you want your MBA from UCSD oR SDSU?

Old 06-14-2016, 10:28 AM

If cost wasn't an option.... UCSD. I say this as someone who is in the SDSU MBA program. (It was really hard to justify the 100K+ price tag from UCSD)

UCSD is recognized as a top school anywhere in the US. Once you get outside So Cal, no one knows about SDSU.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:37 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
If cost wasn't an option.... UCSD. I say this as someone who is in the SDSU MBA program. (It was really hard to justify the 100K+ price tag from UCSD)

UCSD is recognized as a top school anywhere in the US. Once you get outside So Cal, no one knows about SDSU.
Good Point and very true!
The Problem i have with a couple of poster is, they are spouting off but have nothing to back it up with.
The Original poster Started this Thread(New Account) then proceeded to disappear(probably forgot is other log on) only to have a couple of people(more New accounts) Start bashing SDSU and posters opinions.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:41 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
To all posters, especially the OP, who feel that SDSU does not provide a "quality" education:

Please list your degrees, undergrad & grad, your publications, postgrad employment hx & net worth...then we'll talk.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
and tell us, did you have trouble getting a decent job? What was your major? Did you have problems with getting promoted because your degree was from SDSU? Every school has its strong and not so strong programs. What about the journalism dept? Is it better at UCSD or how about food and nutrition, leading to a degree or the nursing program? Do you see what I am saying? To make a blanket statement one is superior to another is really having your head in the sand as you put it.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
To all posters, especially the OP, who feel that SDSU does not provide a "quality" education:

Please list your degrees, undergrad & grad, your publications, postgrad employment hx & net worth...then we'll talk.
I will not go into deep detail but I will simply say my degree was is Foods and Nutrition but I spent most of the time our kids were growing up as a stay at home mom. My husband got his BA went on to a wonderful career both for the Pacific tel and tel, then to be a top aide for Ronald Reagan both in Sacramento and DC. Not bad for a guy from a working class family. As for net worth, that is not yours or anyone else business.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:25 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Good Point and very true!
The Problem i have with a couple of poster is, they are spouting off but have nothing to back it up with.
The Original poster Started this Thread(New Account) then proceeded to disappear(probably forgot is other log on) only to have a couple of people(more New accounts) Start bashing SDSU and posters opinions.
The OP just never bothered to come back to this thread, but has been posting in others and the last log on was today.

Then the new accounts started the bashing.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and tell us, did you have trouble getting a decent job? What was your major? Did you have problems with getting promoted because your degree was from SDSU? Every school has its strong and not so strong programs. What about the journalism dept? Is it better at UCSD or how about food and nutrition, leading to a degree or the nursing program? Do you see what I am saying? To make a blanket statement one is superior to another is really having your head in the sand as you put it.
First, either school will give you a good education. I never said that SDSU was bad (if it was bad, I wouldn't be there), just that UCSD is better. When I say better, I am generalizing the average SDSU student compared to an average UCSD student.

I have hired both UCSD and SDSU college grads. Both have performed fine but on average the candidates from UCSD are more driven.

I work for a national company and when I said I was going back to school my boss (on the east coast) said "oh, you going to UCSD or another school?" He couldn't even name SDSU but UCSD was on the top his mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego