Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 10:18 PM

89 posts, read 83,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt_10 View Post
I doubt if there was an actual earth quake or may be just a bad dream. CNN did not report about it at all. That's strange because they always do cover legitimate events.
Given you don't know the difference between DisneyLAND and DisneyWORLD, I would expect nothing less than your comment about CNN.

And I could be wrong, but I think this is CNN covering the earthquake Earthquake measuring 5.2 hits Southern California - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 10:33 PM

681 posts, read 2,800,567 times
Otay Ranch .. didn't feel a thing. Stark difference from when I lived in Mission Valley when I felt 2.0's from Calexico/Mexicali a few Eater's ago.

We have an Earthquake kit from our days in Mission Valley but don't think I know where it is now. Should probably double check the contents.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:24 PM

480 posts, read 418,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGEMF View Post
Given you don't know the difference between DisneyLAND and DisneyWORLD, I would expect nothing less than your comment about CNN.

And I could be wrong, but I think this is CNN covering the earthquake Earthquake measuring 5.2 hits Southern California - CNN.com
I do know the difference between those two. Always did.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:40 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt_10 View Post
I doubt if there was an actual earth quake or may be just a bad dream. CNN did not report about it at all. That's strange because they always do cover legitimate events.
CNN isn't necessarily going to cover a small earthquake in Southern California that didn't even knock stuff off of shelves. That's solidly local news territory. And you're a weirdo.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:22 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,648,725 times
Default When the big one hits, it won't be pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Anyone get woken by the earthquake last night? I felt a pretty good jolt, then several seconds of rolling here in East County. My husband slept right through it. But then, he was out mowing the lawn when the big Easter Sunday quake hit a few years ago and didn't notice that either. If you felt the quake last night, tell us which part of the county you're in, and how strong it felt in your area.

Related subject: how many of you have earthquake emergency kits somewhere in your house?
Here in Carpinteria I felt something and awoke noticing my wife was awake too. I said, "what was that?" "You have gas", she said while getting out of bed and heading for greener pasture. Poor thing. But I still say the quake woke us.
Anyway, we have many types of emergency kits. Most used is a whole house fan, many aerosol sprays and washer n dryer. Just saying
We are preppers !

Old 06-16-2016, 05:31 PM

387 posts, read 512,033 times
I'm i the only one who thinks about Earthquakes when using Freeway interchanging?

Old 06-16-2016, 06:19 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Buildings View Post
I'm i the only one who thinks about Earthquakes when using Freeway interchanging?
Actually, earthquakes cross my mind from time to time when I have to drive into one of those stacked underground parking structures. I think it is a hold over from the 1994 Northridge quake, when parking structures really did collapse. That earthquake stands out in my memory for other reasons. My sister in law's home was severely damaged, and they had to demolish it and rebuild from scratch. It took them years to fully recover as they didn't have earthquake insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego