Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Depending on the new tax will you vote for stadium?
Yes, if 2/3 vote 4 7.55%
Yes if 50% vote 13 24.53%
No either way, bad idea 35 66.04%
Don't care, probably won't vote 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 12:16 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,316,869 times

Advertisements

Chargers stadium vote to be determined by penalty flags, wallpaper | Field of Schemes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 01:04 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Sadly i think this measure is going to pass. It's to much money to be made by greedy in this town.
The Spano's can buy up all the land in Barrio Logan/East Village/Grant Hill, Gentrify it, and make a profit, just like John Moore's did.
The Stadium would not work in Mission Valley for the Chargers because, the city owns most of the land and have already told the Chargers "we're not going to sell you the land dirt cheap, go kick rocks"
I am for a new stadium in either, Mission Valley or the
(VERY OLD should have been torn down years ago) Sports Arena site.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:08 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,996 times
With the way the Rams looked last night, the Chargers might end up being the best team in LA!

Old 09-13-2016, 02:43 PM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Sadly i think this measure is going to pass. It's to much money to be made by greedy in this town.
The Spano's can buy up all the land in Barrio Logan/East Village/Grant Hill, Gentrify it, and make a profit, just like John Moore's did.
The Stadium would not work in Mission Valley for the Chargers because, the city owns most of the land and have already told the Chargers "we're not going to sell you the land dirt cheap, go kick rocks"
I am for a new stadium in either, Mission Valley or the
(VERY OLD should have been torn down years ago) Sports Arena site.
Even the die hard, hold out bolt fans are bad mouthing them after this last loss. If it remains 2/3 vote, no way.

Old 09-13-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Even the die hard, hold out bolt fans are bad mouthing them after this last loss. If it remains 2/3 vote, no way.
Thinking back on the history of this whole stadium fiasco I've come to the conclusion that it was never about chargers leaving town.
If not by a 2/3 vote the Moores, Spanks family will figure out another way to fleece this town for more money.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:14 AM

Right on track......

Old 09-26-2016, 07:42 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Fire McCoy!

Old 10-03-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Fire McCoy!
He'll probably just quit the way it sounds. I mean, who just drops the ball without being touched?

Old 10-03-2016, 09:06 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,767,759 times
My God, the Chargers are seriously cursed. Another awesome Choke job! How the hell do you lose that game!!??? it's the same story and rhetoric week after week after week.

I don't know what to say anymore, but you know what is funny, I told some of friends that I was watching the game with, when it was early in the 4th Q, I said to em all "Just watch they're gonna choke, and it will be catastrophic". They didn't like that, but I was being honest, they had their hopes up, and I've learned from many years of being a Bolts fan, is you NEVER get your hopes up high for these guys, because time and time again, they don't come thru. And the way that they are losing is even more gut wrenching because of how well they play for most of the game, and suddenly self destruct!

And look what happened! It's like you can't believe the Chargers will win a game with a lead anymore, they could be up by 40 points, and you know what? They will most likely lose, because any time crunch comes around, it's like the entire team starts to have mental breakdowns because they get so worried about screwing up.

No one has the answers for why they are losing so bad, but from what I am starting to understand is that there has to be a culture and attitude of winning, any sense of nervousness needs to be eliminated in players minds because this crap seems to be happening more often under this HC.

A firm, in your face HC is what the Chargers need at the moment, and help to get their act together, if that means benching players for their mistakes, then so be it. This can't go on, if they want a new stadium in SD, something needs to change immediately. Unfortunately Spanos is soft, he's not the Jerry Jones of the world which would have fired Mccoy last year after the strings of totally collapses. The HC is responsible for getting guys mentally healthy and making sure if they make too many mistakes, they won't be on this team.

I am so done with this team. What is even more disheartening, is that you know every team that plays the Chargers from here on out this year, will have hope that they can win against them even if they are down 20 or 40 points, because they know, if they can get under their skin a little, they'll make mistakes and the domino effect is complete as the Bolts will give the game away wrapped in nice hand basket with extra goodies to finish it off.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:06 AM

I'm laughing at you guys disappointment in the chargers
In the 40 plus years I lived in San Diego the chargers have never lived up to their potential( even during the Fouts era)
My Raiders looked good yesterday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego