Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 06:47 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
I'm going to be a total contrarian and say that on the whole - SFH is the rare commodity in SD. If you can get an SFH in even a reasonably decent area (gentrifying is better) then it's worth it. Condos IMO are only for singles, retired or if you MUST live in primo areas.

This is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 06:49 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspercrf View Post
This is what I just went through, looked at a couple condos but ended up in SFH. When I factored in the HOA, the monthly payment on my 515k house was just under the payment as a 460k condo with the same % down payment.
Yes, I would never buy a Condo or Town-home unless I was in the last few years of my life, had a LOT of money saved/invested and needed someone to do the work the HOA does. Just needing a place to live, with people very close and no work to speak of to have a nice place to live out the last years of your life.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:39 PM

249 posts, read 283,062 times
Agree with most of this, but to be honest finding a townhome in South Park on the market is a big deal. 2 car garage 1200sqft 2 1/2 bath and backyard under $400,000 is rare in my opinion. We plan on staying at least three years see where the market is and go from there. Another factor in our decision is every home on the market sold for $20,000 more than asking. We put in over 5 offers and each one sold fast and over our price range

Old 10-01-2016, 04:49 PM

9,526 posts, read 30,477,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercad55 View Post
Agree with most of this, but to be honest finding a townhome in South Park on the market is a big deal. 2 car garage 1200sqft 2 1/2 bath and backyard under $400,000 is rare in my opinion. We plan on staying at least three years see where the market is and go from there. Another factor in our decision is every home on the market sold for $20,000 more than asking. We put in over 5 offers and each one sold fast and over our price range
There are plenty of condos in adjacent Golden Hill, North Park, etc. So unless you MUST live in South Park, I don't think it's your only option by far. You're right that the townhome sounds good, I am guessing you're all the way down by the 805 though? Now, and SFH in Southcrest I probably wouldn't do either. There are some nice, quiet areas off of home ave (Ridgecrest) that are nicer and just as easy to get on base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: