Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 09:34 PM

92 posts, read 164,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Agree. Anywhere in Mission Valley would be great. Or go up the hill to Normal Heights, the College area, Kensington, North Park. Some of the beach communities off of 8 might also work, as you'd be going against traffic: Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach.
Great I will look into the areas mentioned. This helps me out a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 12:23 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,770,445 times
L.A. is an amazing city with endless amounts of things to do, and I love the region, but I CANNOT stand the insane levels of traffic, and how long it takes just to go 10 miles somewhere. That would literally drive me crazy and is just a really stressful way to live life.

L.A. has far more opportunities for entrepreneurs and the ability to move up in the corporate ladder than in SD. It's the second largest market in the entire U.S., so the chances of you succeeding will be much higher there.

San Diego IS NOT L.A., but it's decent place for what it is, although it's a bit overrated. Don't go looking for true big city amenities here, there's some, but SD is mainly one giant massive sleepy suburb as most businesses shut down at 9 or 10 pm here, so don't expect urbanity on a scale like you would see on the East Coast or even L.A.. We are a relatively compact city surprisely compared to cities in the South or some in the Midwest in terms of how everything is so crammed together, so housing here is tighter, but there's no electrifying buzz or pulse like you get in the bigger cities. Plus San Diego can get boring after a couple of months of seeing everything there is to see, unless you're an outdoorsy type of person then it depends.

I think Pasadena is a great place. If it wasn't for the horrendous traffic, I'd pick L.A/Pasadena to live any day over SD. But for quality of life purposes, SD beats it by miles.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:01 AM

673 posts, read 465,965 times
I follow the old saying.........."I'd rather be homeless in San Diego than have a job in L.A"

Old 10-20-2016, 07:30 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
The weather IS what S cal is all about. If you are not "outdoorsy" don't waste your time and money here. There are plenty of other concrete jungles with the added bad weather where you will appreciate being indoors.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
L.A. is an amazing city with endless amounts of things to do, and I love the region, but I CANNOT stand the insane levels of traffic, and how long it takes just to go 10 miles somewhere. That would literally drive me crazy and is just a really stressful way to live life.

L.A. has far more opportunities for entrepreneurs and the ability to move up in the corporate ladder than in SD. It's the second largest market in the entire U.S., so the chances of you succeeding will be much higher there.

San Diego IS NOT L.A., but it's decent place for what it is, although it's a bit overrated. Don't go looking for true big city amenities here, there's some, but SD is mainly one giant massive sleepy suburb as most businesses shut down at 9 or 10 pm here, so don't expect urbanity on a scale like you would see on the East Coast or even L.A.. We are a relatively compact city surprisely compared to cities in the South or some in the Midwest in terms of how everything is so crammed together, so housing here is tighter, but there's no electrifying buzz or pulse like you get in the bigger cities. Plus San Diego can get boring after a couple of months of seeing everything there is to see, unless you're an outdoorsy type of person then it depends.

I think Pasadena is a great place. If it wasn't for the horrendous traffic, I'd pick L.A/Pasadena to live any day over SD. But for quality of life purposes, SD beats it by miles.
Yeah no doubt LA is super dope, I'm an outdoors guy Beach, trails, Biking and etc. But I also like to hang out at night grab drinks and have fun. So its a mix of both. I plan to do a Food truck i'm sure there is a market for that in SD; also LA is not too far away. My goal is to have a good quality of life and have a fun place to live. After visiting LA i'm sure it may be more fun but I don't want to have a small apartment paying thousands. SD is still high from my research but not as high as LA with better quality of life. I'm 28yrs so nothing too boring lol.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The weather IS what S cal is all about. If you are not "outdoorsy" don't waste your time and money here. There are plenty of other concrete jungles with the added bad weather where you will appreciate being indoors.
Yeah I love the outdoors and that's what I want. If I wanted the concrete jungle I have DC and NYC right over here but I want something different.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
I follow the old saying.........."I'd rather be homeless in San Diego than have a job in L.A"
ok why is that? I'm curious to know

Old 10-20-2016, 11:06 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz88 View Post
Y I plan to do a Food truck i'm sure there is a market for that in SD; also LA is not too far away.
What type of food truck are you thinking about? Where do you see yourself doing business? Do you already operate a food truck in Baltimore?

Old 10-20-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
What type of food truck are you thinking about? Where do you see yourself doing business? Do you already operate a food truck in Baltimore?
Mixture of different kinds of food a modern twist on some traditional dishes inspiration token from around the world. Perfect for foodies who like to indulge into good food with a creative twist. Taking my style of east coast foods and mixing it with the west coast. I do not currently have a food truck debating on whether or not I should buy one here and or wait until im over there. Working on different concepts and a business plan now.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:57 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,032,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz88 View Post
Yeah no doubt LA is super dope, I'm an outdoors guy Beach, trails, Biking and etc. But I also like to hang out at night grab drinks and have fun. So its a mix of both. I plan to do a Food truck i'm sure there is a market for that in SD; also LA is not too far away. My goal is to have a good quality of life and have a fun place to live. After visiting LA i'm sure it may be more fun but I don't want to have a small apartment paying thousands. SD is still high from my research but not as high as LA with better quality of life. I'm 28yrs so nothing too boring lol.
Yeah you'll be fine here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego