Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 02:28 AM

15 posts, read 11,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
What in your opinions is the top airport in USA and in world ?
The USA? Probably Phoenix and Denver. Although I did like the inside of the Delta terminal in Detroit. What a great internal rail system they have if you don't want to walk 10 minutes.

The world? There are several international airports that put every airport in America to shame:
*Hong Kong
*KL
*Singapore
*Seoul
*Amsterdam (Schiphol)
*Frankfurt

My all time favorite has always been Singapore. You could live in that airport.

..... the list goes on. Not one American airport can be compared to these when it comes to quality of facilities, easy access by public transportation, and professionalism of staff (including airport security).

I would have loved to see San Diego build a new airport at Miramar had that deal gone through. But I am sure it would have been mediocre at best, like Phoenix or Denver. And it still wouldn't have had a fast rail link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 10:50 AM

334 posts, read 358,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloYiannopoulos4Prez View Post
I would have loved to see San Diego build a new airport at Miramar had that deal gone through. But I am sure it would have been mediocre at best, like Phoenix or Denver. And it still wouldn't have had a fast rail link.
Is there a capacity problem with the current airport motivating a move? It never seems busy to me, but I don't travel for work and usually go mid-week with a mid-day flight.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:45 AM

586 posts, read 437,945 times
We were in Singapore last fall and I have to agree that the airport was amazing!

Old 02-13-2017, 11:53 AM

96 posts, read 127,645 times
We can not compete with the world in terms of public infrastructure construction cost. Therefore we will have only mediocre airports, mediocre roads, mediocre public facilities. Example:

Rental Car Center: 5,400-space garage on Pacific Highway that replaced the rental car agencies’ lot on Harbor Drive; completed January 2016; cost $316 million.

That 67 thousand dollars per parking spot on the site which did not require any major infrastructure upgrades prior the construction. It is about 500 dollars per square foot of a parking spot which is more than market price per square foot of a nice house in La Jolla. That is insane.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:12 AM

2 posts, read 1,705 times
SAN (San Diego) is one of my favorite airports. Relatively easy to pick up passengers. In general, quick-in and quick-out.

DEN (Denver) is my least favorite. Horrendous lines at TSA, it's out in the middle of nowhere, and takes forever to maneuver around the airport.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:11 AM

50,069 posts, read 46,633,492 times
Ha Ha remember this?

Airport at Camp Pendleton? Flying against the winds of history - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Old 02-15-2017, 03:26 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,754,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
Pacific Southwest 182?
PSA 182 collided with a private plane over North Park. It had nothing to do with the airport being in downtown San Diego.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:08 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,393,740 times
Great experience with both SD and Dallas Airport this month.

If you can avoid LAX MIAMI NYC.....DO IT !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego