Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 06:32 PM

716 posts, read 393,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Multiple examples in the last year of people leaving a wallet or purse for whatever reason with no connection. Sad. I've heard pals talk about leaving expensive shades at a bar, going back in shortly after and no one saw anything. I hate this predator mindset.

And people wonder why I want a CCW here.
Really, who would wonder about that?!? Simply everyone knows that a Glock is the only way to deal with a creep who fails to return a lost and found item.

I'm not buying it either and I'm an old fart too. If you'll notice it's most old white guys who're always the ones lamenting the past, women and minorities, not so much. So while I agree that some things were better back in the day (I remember bread and milk delivery), so many other things have become so much better, in so many ways, our society is much better off now.

We just have to survive the next four years...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
PSSSSSH objective data doesn't mean anything. Anecdotal evidence is the only way to quantify vague feelings of how much better the "good old days" were.
Well said.

This mindset is common with people who base their decisions on their 'gut feelings'. You know, folks who like to choose their elected leaders on the person they would want to have a beer with at the local pub...

Old 12-01-2016, 07:38 PM

91 posts, read 78,828 times
HA! I like your attitude sd-bound!

I'm an optimist, I like to think that if Italy could survive Berlusconi,... and I suppose Caligula as well, then we should be ok.

Caligula had nukes too, right?

Old 12-01-2016, 07:46 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSav View Post

I'm an optimist, I like to think that if Italy could survive Berlusconi,... and I suppose Caligula as well, then we should be ok.

Well some people survived Caligua.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:15 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
Really, who would wonder about that?!? Simply everyone knows that a Glock is the only way to deal with a creep who fails to return a lost and found item.

I'm not buying it either and I'm an old fart too. If you'll notice it's most old white guys who're always the ones lamenting the past, women and minorities, not so much. So while I agree that some things were better back in the day (I remember bread and milk delivery), so many other things have become so much better, in so many ways, our society is much better off now.

We just have to survive the next four years...
Good thing I'm not an old, white guy. You sound like you are "Aboveordinary". ... DOT DOT DOT Capt IP tunnel. Yet your writing style never changes.

Trump is your president elect just deal with it?!? ?!? ?!?

Old 12-01-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:

Of course you do.

Count down until the old white guy rant............oh no too late..

Old 12-01-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I think all of us with at least an elementary grade level of education would find the rejection of facts, absurd.
Just the fact that I'm under your skin is worth this entire thread Please at least change your writing style so it's not so obvious.

Creating fake accounts is so petty.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:04 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,527,166 times
Well, to return to the original topic...my husband's parents bought a brand-new house in Clairemont Mesa, and as a little boy he played down in the canyons every day, with friends or alone...think it's safe for kids to do that now?

Old 12-02-2016, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Good thing I'm not an old, white guy. You sound like you are "Aboveordinary". ... DOT DOT DOT Capt IP tunnel. Yet your writing style never changes.

Trump is your president elect just deal with it?!? ?!? ?!?

You've misconstrued my 'too' comment. I meant it in the general sense, not as in, we're both old. But of course only older folks actually know how great things were back in the olden days DOT DOT DOT

Agreed, I'll have to deal with Trump now that his voters have made us the laughing stock of the world. I'll be sure to give him the same respect conservatives have shown Obama over the last eight years...

Old 12-02-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Well, to return to the original topic...my husband's parents bought a brand-new house in Clairemont Mesa, and as a little boy he played down in the canyons every day, with friends or alone...think it's safe for kids to do that now?
Nope. Have you seen the number of homeless camps? SD River off Friars has enough homeless to populate a small City. I won't let my kids run tecolote canyon by themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego