Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 07:17 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,642,722 times

Advertisements

The San Diego Reader put up a great list of fun things to do and see during the holiday season today. Thought I'd share it for newcomers, but I saw a few things on the list that are new to a long time resident like me too.

San Diego Guide to Holiday Fun | San Diego Reader

Do you have a favorite holiday event that you enjoy in San Diego County? Feel free to mention it below.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 08:52 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,852,864 times
We are going to see The Grinch at the Old Globe, definitely a fun holiday event.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:13 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Come over and help me put up lights

Old 12-01-2016, 09:20 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
-December Nights Balboa Park this weekend. Very Very crowded but this a really cool event. Free museum entry too.

-Various neighborhoods in SD County have organized Christmas displays. There is website that lists all the neighborhoods that are involved.

-Holiday Nights at Bernardo Winery- checking this out this year for the first time.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:03 AM

B of A gets you free admission to certain museums

Map from Bank of America

Old 12-01-2016, 12:59 PM

440 posts, read 533,958 times
(Wrote this for a different forum but fits here!)

It's December! Tons of activities this coming weekend to kick off the holiday season. Good to know because of traffic issues if nothing else. The paper today was filled with events - too many tree lightings and musical performances to list, but here are most of the parades and other events. There are also plenty of events North and East County, but I tried to stick to the more touristy areas.

December Nights - Balboa Park, Dec. 2 3-11, Dec. 3 noon-11 December Nights 2016 | Balboa Park

Coronado Holiday Parade Dec. 2 6pm: Holiday Parade and Open House - Coronado Chamber of Commerce | Coronado, CA

North Park Toyland Parade & Festival, Dec. 3 11am: toyland

Little Italy Tree Lighting and Christmas Village Dec. 3, 4pm: Little Italy Tree Lighting & Christmas Village/ Events / Little Italy San Diego

Ocean Beach Holiday Parade Dec. 3, 5:05 pm: Ocean Beach Town Council

La Jolla Christmas Parade, Dec. 4, 1:30pm: La Jolla Christmas Parade // Official Website // #LJPARADE

San Diego Botanic Garden - Garden of Lights, Dec. 3 and continuing: San Diego Botanic Garden - Located North of San Diego in Encinitas, California

Holiday at the Park: An Old Town Christmas Celebration - Dec. 5 and continuing: https://www.sandiego.org/members/ass...s-posadas.aspx

Japanese Friendship Garden, Balboa Park - Starlight Stroll, Dec. 4 and continuing: Holiday Starlight Stroll

Mission Bay Christmas Parade of Lights, Dec. 10 6pm: https://www.sandiego.org/explore/eve...ssion-bay.aspx

San Diego Bay Parade of Lights, Dec. 11 and 18: San Diego Bay Parade of Lights – Just another WordPress site

Jungle Bells at the Zoo, Dec. 10 and continuing: Jungle Bells | San Diego Zoo

Holiday Bowl Parade, Dec. 27 10am: Holiday Bowl Parade | San Diego Bowl Games

Grand Chanukah Celebration, Horton Plaza Park, Dec. 27 5:30 pm

Old 12-01-2016, 01:03 PM

6,503 posts, read 7,531,718 times
Throwing a plug for my part of the County, spirit of Lakeside Festival this Saturday evening Dec 3rd.
My kids have Christmas carol'd at this festival for the last three years.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWarmer View Post
(Wrote this for a different forum but fits here!)

It's December! Tons of activities this coming weekend to kick off the holiday season. Good to know because of traffic issues if nothing else. The paper today was filled with events - too many tree lightings and musical performances to list, but here are most of the parades and other events. There are also plenty of events North and East County, but I tried to stick to the more touristy areas.

December Nights - Balboa Park, Dec. 2 3-11, Dec. 3 noon-11 December Nights 2016 | Balboa Park

Coronado Holiday Parade Dec. 2 6pm: Holiday Parade and Open House - Coronado Chamber of Commerce | Coronado, CA

North Park Toyland Parade & Festival, Dec. 3 11am: toyland

Little Italy Tree Lighting and Christmas Village Dec. 3, 4pm: Little Italy Tree Lighting & Christmas Village/ Events / Little Italy San Diego

Ocean Beach Holiday Parade Dec. 3, 5:05 pm: Ocean Beach Town Council

La Jolla Christmas Parade, Dec. 4, 1:30pm: La Jolla Christmas Parade // Official Website // #LJPARADE

San Diego Botanic Garden - Garden of Lights, Dec. 3 and continuing: San Diego Botanic Garden - Located North of San Diego in Encinitas, California

Holiday at the Park: An Old Town Christmas Celebration - Dec. 5 and continuing: https://www.sandiego.org/members/ass...s-posadas.aspx

Japanese Friendship Garden, Balboa Park - Starlight Stroll, Dec. 4 and continuing: Holiday Starlight Stroll

Mission Bay Christmas Parade of Lights, Dec. 10 6pm: https://www.sandiego.org/explore/eve...ssion-bay.aspx

San Diego Bay Parade of Lights, Dec. 11 and 18: San Diego Bay Parade of Lights – Just another WordPress site

Jungle Bells at the Zoo, Dec. 10 and continuing: Jungle Bells | San Diego Zoo

Holiday Bowl Parade, Dec. 27 10am: Holiday Bowl Parade | San Diego Bowl Games

Grand Chanukah Celebration, Horton Plaza Park, Dec. 27 5:30 pm
Awesome!

Old 12-03-2016, 06:01 PM

321 posts, read 541,154 times
One tradition that appears to be defunct is the Del Mar Fairgrounds Holiday of Lights. I know a lot of people loved it and made it a tradition, but we tried it once and thought it was kind of dumb driving around slowly on the racetrack (smelling exhaust) with the light displays too far away.

My favorite tradition is on Christmas Eve to walk certain neighborhoods to look at the light displays, some of which get pretty ornate! Completely free..

Must-See Christmas Lights in San Diego

Old 12-05-2016, 10:52 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Wrestling season mixed with Winter Baseball for my youngest means, "My nights and weekends are full till the January 1"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego