Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2017, 09:53 PM

9 posts, read 14,837 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have a 15 1/2 year old son who needs braces. I currently live in the North County San Diego area. The orthodontist I have taken him has really good reviews, but he wants to remove 4 of my sons teeth, 2 from the top and 2 from the bottom. His bottom teeth are very crowded, so I can kind of see why it would be necessary to remove them. But the top teeth are hardly crowded at all, just a very small amount, so I do not know why teeth need to be removed from the top. I am worried it may change the way he looks, or make his smile look weird. I have also heard that more modern dentistry does not believe in removing teeth anyway. I just want to get another opinion from a different orthodontist. Any suggestions or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 10:21 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
Nolan Bellisario, Del Mar

858-755-0187

He isn't cheap.

He was referred to me by my NYC dentist before moving out to SD. He doesn't take insurance.

He specializes in cosmetic dentistry.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:47 AM

9 posts, read 14,837 times
Thanks for replying CNYC, but I was hoping to find someone who will take insurance. I'm thinking I may just be out of luck though.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:00 PM

Research dentists in Tijuana on Yelp.

1. Trust Dental

2. I love my dentist

Two places to get you started. Modern equipment and both places that people I know have gone.

Prices will be less than having insurance in the USA. Not ALL dentists in Tijuana are great but if you do your research you will be pleasantly surprised.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:14 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,335,027 times
I use www.bajadentistry.com. They do everything, and they have reasonable rates. I just had a root canal, and have an appointment in a couple of weeks for a crown. I'm now looking for a doctor in Tijuana, since it's so hard to get into see mine in San Diego.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I use Odontología Integral de México. They do everything, and they have reasonable rates. I just had a root canal, and have an appointment in a couple of weeks for a crown. I'm now looking for a doctor in Tijuana, since it's so hard to get into see mine in San Diego.
How much did you pay for your root canal ? I was quoted roughly $200 in case I needed one.

As far as doctors go, you can find very good general practitioners in some of the consultorios attached to pharmacies. Some of these doctors who work there have private practices elsewhere and only moonlight in these places to serve the community. A noble endeavor indeed. Look for good ones in middle class areas like Hipodromo or La Cacho who service those class of people.

Another useful word of advice is find a good blood lab. Right off hand Gamboa in Plaza Rio is a reputable lab, albeit pricey. Most doctor visits in the USA require a blood test anyway. You can get a full CBC with urine and stool samples for $60. They will give you a print out of all the results. You can save a lot of time by taking it to your doctors appt.

Secondly be aware that not all doctors in TJ have access to the latest technology. Then there lies the problem. You can find a great doctor but he doesn't have access to the basics or is stuck with antiquated equipment. Keep looking though. It took me a few years to find what I needed.

Would I get surgery down in TJ ? NO but dental work general illness and most skin issues can be taken care of.

It really is a privilege to be able to cross the border to receive medical care. America is a disgusting cesspool of corruption and disregard for humanity as far as healthcare goes.

Don't have an emergency in TJ like a heart attack. You WILL die. The emergency services are pathetic but general medical needs are easy to acquire.

And who says Mexico is an awful place ???????

Old 07-28-2017, 02:23 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,335,027 times
My root canal was $240, but that was because it was really bad. I don't need a doctor with the latest technology, just one that I can go to if needed. When I go to TJ, I stick to downtown, I don't need to go to other areas, and I've mainly been going to the dentist.

I have a cyst on one of my fingers, and when I called for an appointment with the dermatologist, I was told that the first appointment that was open in Hillcrest was on August 28, unless I wanted to go to La Jolla, which I reuse to do. So I'll check out the doctor's office below my dentist's office when I go on August 7.

I don't pay anything for blood work or stool samples, my insurance covers it, so that's not a problem.

Old 07-29-2017, 02:33 PM

250 posts, read 182,170 times
Dr. Peter Bauer in Poway. He took care of both my children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego