Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 09:01 PM

29,472 posts, read 22,487,125 times

Advertisements

This may not make national news, but it is substantial and quite frightening if you think about it.

55 indicted for running a heroin and meth trafficking ring across parts of North County including Oceanside and Vista (and in other states including Arizona).

These gang members have ties to the Sinaloa cartel, one of the most violent cartels in Mexico. The Vista Home Boys, a gang whose members/associates were indicted, is one of those gangs that may not have nation wide prominence, but they are not to be taken lightly. The gang has something like 300-400 heads in Vista alone.

55 Indicted in North County Crackdown on Heroin, Gun Traffickers and Gangs: U.S. Atty. | NBC 7 San Diego

Quote:
Fifty-five people have been indicted in connection with a massive North County heroin, meth and firearms trafficking ring, according to ten federal indictments unsealed Wednesday.

According to the U.S. Attorney's office, those indicted were responsible for supplying at least 25 percent of North County's heroin and methamphetamine. The ring also supplied significant quantities of heroin to a distribution ring in Kingman, Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 01:34 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,506,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This may not make national news, but it is substantial and quite frightening if you think about it.

55 indicted for running a heroin and meth trafficking ring across parts of North County including Oceanside and Vista (and in other states including Arizona).

These gang members have ties to the Sinaloa cartel, one of the most violent cartels in Mexico. The Vista Home Boys, a gang whose members/associates were indicted, is one of those gangs that may not have nation wide prominence, but they are not to be taken lightly. The gang has something like 300-400 heads in Vista alone.

55 Indicted in North County Crackdown on Heroin, Gun Traffickers and Gangs: U.S. Atty. | NBC 7 San Diego

Yep, Vista Home Boys & other North County gangs have been at it for years, doing their thing...the so-called "gang injunctions" mean nothing. I was called a liar on this forum several years back when I stated how serious the gang situation in North SD Co. is, because yeah, it's so safe there!

Unfortunately, LE will never be able to completely dismantle VHB & the other gangs...they've been around too long, have deep roots, are multi-generational, & get a lot of support & respect, and, if not that, many who are aware of them choose to look the other way.

Hey, Think4Yourself, where you at?? Have you moved to Vista yet?

Last edited by MarciaMarshaMarcia; 03-03-2017 at 02:13 AM..

Old 03-03-2017, 09:27 AM

50,153 posts, read 46,811,218 times
My buddy who lives in Oceanside is pretty stoked about this. He said it was really close to one of the high schools.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:35 AM

Wow

Stray bullet kills Escondido driver - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Old 03-08-2017, 01:13 PM

29,472 posts, read 22,487,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I read that earlier, scary.

Total random victim caught in gang crossfire.

This should be a wake up call that gangs in north county are no joke

Old 03-08-2017, 05:00 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,324,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I read that earlier, scary.

Total random victim caught in gang crossfire.

This should be a wake up call that gangs in north county are no joke
And there is no solution to it anymore than there is in Mexico with the Cartels.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:49 PM

6,885 posts, read 8,895,425 times
we need to abide by the second amendment of cotus and increasingly well regulate the militia but they say fakely that the predominant problem is criminal immigrants not resident citizens

Last edited by bloom; 03-08-2017 at 10:59 PM..

Old 03-08-2017, 10:13 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,506,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And there is no solution to it anymore than there is in Mexico with the Cartels.

And that means what...that it's a normal, acceptable part of everyday life??

Old 03-08-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
we need to abide by the second amendment of cotus and increasingly well regulate the militia but they say the fakely that predominant problem is criminal immigrants not resident citizens
I'm sure all of these people bought these weapons legally. Plus, as a bonus, I'm sure they are all here legally.

Because it's so easy for a felon to purchase a gun here right? Let's blame 30 years of gang bang open border on potus. Right?

Let's blame cars for DUI's. What alternate universe do you live on?

Old 03-09-2017, 09:25 AM

9,803 posts, read 11,492,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm sure all of these people bought these weapons legally. Plus, as a bonus, I'm sure they are all here legally.

Because it's so easy for a felon to purchase a gun here right? Let's blame 30 years of gang bang open border on potus. Right?

Let's blame cars for DUI's. What alternate universe do you live on?
I agree with everything you said but this.
Most if not all of the people arrested are 2nd 3rd even 4th generation US Citizens.
I am likely to get shot by my fellow American than i am by an illegal alien, cold hard fact.
The "I might be killed by an Illegal alien/Muslim" argument holds no water as most Terror attacks have been from American Born Citizens.
But I agree with you 100% on the Gun Issues. Taking away peoples guns is definitely not the Answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego