Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 01:49 AM

480 posts, read 418,801 times

Advertisements

I know SD is dog friendly but my neighbor's dog is driving me crazy. I work late nights and hence I sleep in the mornings. My neighbor's dog is left by herself in the back yard and this dog is a barker. I am unable to get any sleep. I approached my neighbor but she said there is nothing much she could do since her dog sees another dog in the adjacent home and just starts barking. Any idea what to do? Am I just stuck with this situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 07:44 AM

50,325 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Call the city, that lady will soon find many ways to deal with it.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:37 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,335,027 times
Call Animal Control, they'll tell her to keep the dog inside when she's not home. She'll get a couple of warnings, then she'll get a citation, and that will definitely solve the problem.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Call Animal Control, they'll tell her to keep the dog inside when she's not home. She'll get a couple of warnings, then she'll get a citation, and that will definitely solve the problem.
I thought about this but I am worried if it will escalate the situation with my neighbor. The dog is definitely left in the back yard by herself all day but I am wondering if this is common practice and whether it would qualify as animal abuse. Also since I have unusual work hours, I sleep in the mornings and this is another complication.

I left a little note at my neighbors door telling her this issue. She got defensive and left a long note back for me that explained that she is feeding her dogs regularly and giving the dog toys and so on. She later confronted me in person and accused me of leaving her two notes when I only left one note. She was rude and also ordered me not to come to her property to leave a note. Obviously, she is angry with me. But I am wondering why did she get defensive? I did not accuse her of animal abuse.

Obviously I can no longer approach my neighbor about this issue and I am really frustrated. I am scared if she will vandalize my car if I called animal control She seems very unstable and rude.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:29 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt_10 View Post
I thought about this but I am worried if it will escalate the situation with my neighbor. The dog is definitely left in the back yard by herself all day but I am wondering if this is common practice and whether it would qualify as animal abuse. Also since I have unusual work hours, I sleep in the mornings and this is another complication.

I left a little note at my neighbors door telling her this issue. She got defensive and left a long note back for me that explained that she is feeding her dogs regularly and giving the dog toys and so on. She later confronted me in person and accused me of leaving her two notes when I only left one note. She was rude and also ordered me not to come to her property to leave a note. Obviously, she is angry with me. But I am wondering why did she get defensive? I did not accuse her of animal abuse.

Obviously I can no longer approach my neighbor about this issue and I am really frustrated. I am scared if she will vandalize my car if I called animal control She seems very unstable and rude.

You are a HUMAN.......that lady is putting her dog above your well-being. It sounds like she doesn't like you and she really does not give a $*17 about showing you ANY sort of consideration.

Complain, and complain again until the problem is resolved.

I am ultra-wimpy, cowardly and hate confrontation. But I know that if I don't stand-up for myself when people are just trying to push me around, that will just cause them to continue their bullying, possibly escalating their stupidity.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:35 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,650,636 times
Since you'll only be living there for a couple of more months, is there any chance you can switch to more normal working hours so you're out of the house in the morning before the yapping starts?

Old 03-08-2017, 09:22 PM

50,325 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Oh boy, get a camera on your car if that is your fear. I'm not living in fear. When this stuff happens with neighbors you'd better put it down fast. That's what the city is for. Don't tell us you are afraid of this woman?

Old 03-08-2017, 09:53 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,335,027 times
Her dog is probably bored which is why he barks.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Since you'll only be living there for a couple of more months, is there any chance you can switch to more normal working hours so you're out of the house in the morning before the yapping starts?
I am here till end of July. That's 5 months. I tried switching working hours today. The barking was more than usual today and I wonder if she is just doing ti to irritate me. Ended up getting close to 3 hours sleep and a bad head ache!

I also feel like why should I re arrange my life to fit my neighbors schedule? You wouldn't believe what she did. She had left a note on my car. I tore it after I read it because her note was rude. She confronted me and threw the ripped apart pieces of paper on my car dashboard and accused me of harassing her leaving notes (she is obviously a liar since she accused me of leaving 2 notes when I only left one) on her door while she was the one doing the harassment. This is the kind of neighbor I am dealing with. When I left her a note I ended it saying "thank you for your understanding". When she left me a note on my car it said "Don't come to my property to leave a note. It makes me uncomfortable" and got defensive about how she treats her dog.

Last edited by Opt_10; 03-08-2017 at 10:17 PM..

Old 03-08-2017, 09:58 PM

I have videos of this dog barking as proof. I thought it wouldn't come down to this but the way this neighbor behvaes with me, I might have no choice. How does landlord factor into this? I am currently renting and my neighbor I believe has her own house. Should I inform my landlord at all? That's a whole other territory because my land lord is known for flip flopping on a variety of issues.

I also have a security car alarm installed on my car. I hope that would prevent any vandalism. It's PB and I don't really trust how considerate or mature these people are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: