Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 09:31 PM

50,060 posts, read 46,570,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGregorShow View Post
How big is the gay population?
It's not really that large but fairly concentrated. 3 million people in the county but most near downtown SD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 01:48 PM

9,780 posts, read 11,433,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
? Seriously - recommending women that make $100K a year to date enlisted military as their best option?!??
Yep!
if options were so plentiful here in Man Diego there wouldn't be 20 plus threads on the same topic.
You let me know where guys making a, 100k a year in San Diego hang out and ill forward it to the ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
Thanks hit man if it wasnt for your sage advice I would've never considered lowering my standards. I'll look for the first guy who needs a couch to crash on.
That first guy on your couch could be:
Chris Pratt, James Cameron or even me
Rich and famous people who were homeless - Business Insider
I stayed on my ex girlfriends moms couch for 6 months and my life turned out pretty good.
Question is "Can you read a mans Ambition in life"?
A man should never need to be motivated, but from time to time may require a push or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
Whose post are you actually reading?? "I'm not attracted to marines and it has nothing to do with money". Desiring a working professional doesn't make me a money grubbing SoCalite, yikes obviously I hit a few nerves here but people are really taking what I said out of context
I have to ask you why not?
My older brother and cousin are both Ex Marines and do very well for themselves. My bother is in civil service/community activist and my cousin is rising up the ranks for SDPD, both make over 100k year, and have hot wives that didn't have issues dating a Marine.
They fight for our country but are not good enough to date?
I would be honored if my daughter brought home a service member instead of these college guys that cant seem to pull their pants up.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:26 PM

630 posts, read 1,045,737 times
Everyone has a preference. They're not mine.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:22 AM

7,370 posts, read 6,419,811 times
Every place is different--when I grew up in NY the women seemed focused on finding a doctor, attorney or investment banker, in spite of the fact many women I grew up with were as successful as the guys....in SF the guy just had to be straight...in OC, women wanted to know what car you drive and guys who make over $200K (doesnt matter what they do) or else they would not date you any longer...in SD, seems like some gals want a tatted out surfing surgeon who plays in a band on weekends or the head bartender at Fluxx

Good luck with your search.

Last edited by elchevere; 03-29-2017 at 07:34 AM..

Old 03-29-2017, 01:53 PM

219 posts, read 313,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Yep!
if options were so plentiful here in Man Diego there wouldn't be 20 plus threads on the same topic.
You let me know where guys making a, 100k a year in San Diego hang out and ill forward it to the ladies.

That first guy on your couch could be:
Chris Pratt, James Cameron or even me
Rich and famous people who were homeless - Business Insider
I stayed on my ex girlfriends moms couch for 6 months and my life turned out pretty good.
Question is "Can you read a mans Ambition in life"?
A man should never need to be motivated, but from time to time may require a push or two

I have to ask you why not?
My older brother and cousin are both Ex Marines and do very well for themselves. My bother is in civil service/community activist and my cousin is rising up the ranks for SDPD, both make over 100k year, and have hot wives that didn't have issues dating a Marine.
They fight for our country but are not good enough to date?
I would be honored if my daughter brought home a service member instead of these college guys that cant seem to pull their pants up.
Since it's man diego, shouldn't women have an easier time dating?

Old 03-29-2017, 01:56 PM

219 posts, read 313,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Every place is different--when I grew up in NY the women seemed focused on finding a doctor, attorney or investment banker, in spite of the fact many women I grew up with were as successful as the guys....in SF the guy just had to be straight...in OC, women wanted to know what car you drive and guys who make over $200K (doesnt matter what they do) or else they would not date you any longer...in SD, seems like some gals want a tatted out surfing surgeon who plays in a band on weekends or the head bartender at Fluxx

Good luck with your search.
So what you're saying is San Diego girls care a little less about money than the others places you mentioned?

Old 03-29-2017, 02:34 PM

7,370 posts, read 6,419,811 times
Yes, they definitely seemed much less materialistic than those other places mentioned earlier.

Quote:
So what you're saying is San Diego girls care a little less about money than the others places you mentioned?

Old 03-29-2017, 03:08 PM

3,385 posts, read 2,771,763 times
Just as woman are looking for something in particular so are men.

San Diego has no shortage of good looking women. Just as men have to stand out so do the women.

The common problem I hear from my single friends "im looking for A,b,c,d,e,f and they also need to have this" the checklists are great but when you create the unicorn you won't find the mythical creature.

Most importantly find out who you are and what is an absolute deal breaker what can you live with and what type of companion makes you the happiest without creating a list of things that no one will meet.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:21 PM

9,780 posts, read 11,433,773 times
Quote:
Since it's man diego, shouldn't women have an easier time dating?
Nope!
Most Single men here in San Diego are just getting by, so they don't cut the mustard in the, single womens unrealistic expectations department.
Most singles girls i know here in San Diego will not date guys in the military (which is stupid and shallow imo). Most Single women here in San Diego deal with unrealistic expectations of a mate and or a relationship, so it washes it self out imo.
You're always asking question, whats you take on the dating scene here in San Diego?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Just as woman are looking for something in particular so are men.

San Diego has no shortage of good looking women. Just as men have to stand out so do the women.

The common problem I hear from my single friends "im looking for A,b,c,d,e,f and they also need to have this" the checklists are great but when you create the unicorn you won't find the mythical creature.

Most importantly find out who you are and what is an absolute deal breaker what can you live with and what type of companion makes you the happiest without creating a list of things that no one will meet.
This

Old 03-29-2017, 03:31 PM

3,814 posts, read 3,975,491 times
Stastically, SD has more single men than women. In NYC, Chicago, or Sacramento it is the opposite.

So in SD, you can afford to be a bit more choosey, that many other cities.

Majority of men your age will be transplants or 1st generation locals. Many of whom come from a semi affluent investor-class family background. Others are wandering transplants with little skillset, who will leave SD when the money runs out.

You also have the local yokels, 2nd generation native and beyond. They tend to have a much more working class/lower middle class vibe.

There are a ton of military men, which may or may not be your thing. Just know, the guy who flies jet planes is not the same as the mechanic who fixes them, who is not the same as the grunt who guards them with a rifle.

The big difference is that men in LA are much more dynamic, as the LA region and economy is way more global, dynamic and diverse than SD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego