Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2017, 03:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,005 times

Advertisements

Me and my husband have been living at our house for about a year now. We completely gutted and renovated the house before we moved in and that took about a year. We had no idea we lived next to a loud family who liked to blare their music until one of our neighbors told us. In a whole year we have complained only twice although they had annoyed us with their music more than those times. The most recent complaint we made was just last night. It was 11:45 pm and they were playing their music so loud you could hear it in our bedroom and our bedroom is in the other side of the house! I went over there and politely asked them to lower it, not even shut it off and the neighbor guy answers back all drunk. He tells me "This is my party, put on ear plugs I don't care." He continues, "Call the cops, I don't care!" He keeps progressively raising his voice to the point my husband hears him and comes right by my side. My husband just pulls me out of there and tells me there's no point speaking to inconsiderate drunk people like that. As we start walking back home, the neighbor follows us for a little bit cursing and looking like he wants to fight. We keep heading home. I am just so frustrated and needed to vent. I wish people were more considerate. You don't own a whole block! I really want to start taking more action after this terrible experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 04:24 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,576,007 times
http://www.sandiegocounty.gov/cob/or...es/ord9962.doc

Old 04-23-2017, 09:16 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Give him what he asked for...... " Call the cops"

I've got a noisy family next to me that interferes with my reading at times but luckily they go to bed early. The other day though (sunday) they were out on the terrace with the kids dog and invited guest and it was a side show.....on and on for a few hours...loud laughter barking yelling TV going Etc. Some people are loud and don't realize it.

On the other hand if someone is LIVING and you are just lying about your house you are bound to notice it more than if you were occupied. Something to keep in mind.

Your situation sounds different though.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:58 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Let him have a hangover in jail. He'll change his ways. Plus, it sounds like the guy could be violent. I'd have a handgun somewhere in the house in case this character decides to crash the house.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:05 PM

8,484 posts, read 6,891,592 times
It won't solve your problem specifically but if you're looking for a home it's a good idea to buy into a neighborhood that has an HOA. They usually have strict rules against unreasonable noise issues and they back up written reprimands with hefty fines if there's no compliance.

Old 04-23-2017, 02:58 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunne View Post
Me and my husband have been living at our house for about a year now. We completely gutted and renovated the house before we moved in and that took about a year. We had no idea we lived next to a loud family who liked to blare their music until one of our neighbors told us. In a whole year we have complained only twice although they had annoyed us with their music more than those times. The most recent complaint we made was just last night. It was 11:45 pm and they were playing their music so loud you could hear it in our bedroom and our bedroom is in the other side of the house! I went over there and politely asked them to lower it, not even shut it off and the neighbor guy answers back all drunk. He tells me "This is my party, put on ear plugs I don't care." He continues, "Call the cops, I don't care!" He keeps progressively raising his voice to the point my husband hears him and comes right by my side. My husband just pulls me out of there and tells me there's no point speaking to inconsiderate drunk people like that. As we start walking back home, the neighbor follows us for a little bit cursing and looking like he wants to fight. We keep heading home. I am just so frustrated and needed to vent. I wish people were more considerate. You don't own a whole block! I really want to start taking more action after this terrible experience.
what general neighborhood is this at ?

Old 04-23-2017, 06:42 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
YES, living near people most times means you are going to have your quality of life take a BIG hit.......the Humanvirus is self-centered and inconsiderate.

In theory I would LOVE to have a small house on a small lot......cheaper to buy and cheaper/easier to maintain. But the reality is, I KNOW some piggish idiot will be right next to me, surly pitbulls and blasting noise/music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego