Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 982 times

Advertisements

I am totally fed up with my next-door neighbors. First of all, it's just myself (42-year old woman) and my 14-year old son (and my dog and cat (dog doesn't bark)) who live in our apartment. I am a widow. The people next door are a man and wife in their 30s, a 4-year old girl and a 2-year old boy. They are haitian refugees; don't know if that matters or not.

Every single day starting in the morning, the little girl runs a toy car up and down their walls. I can hear it plain as day on my side. I have been asleep and been woken up by it -- that's how loud it is. It goes on CONSTANTLY. I truly think that the mother is telling the little girl to do that; I also think the mother is doing it herself as well, since it would be impossible for the little girl to be up so many hours.

I'm the kind of neighbor that tries to take my neighbors into consideration by being quiet and not noisy. I don't play loud music at all. My autistic son doesn't like loud music, so his music is very low. Our dog is not a barker, and the cat makes no noise. He's an older cat, so he doesn't run up and down the stairs. We never have parties or loud gatherings.

One other thing about these neighbors is that every Friday and Saturday night, they have friends over and they all stay outside, playing music, talking, arguing, etc. until all hours. The police have been called many times. Even though I'm not the type to call the police over every little thing, I called them twice myself because the music was so loud; I'm sure other neighbors called too.

It happened again today, only this time there was a loud banging added, as if someone was banging something on the wall (not like a hammer, though). I guess I was so fed up that I almost lost it. I briefly thought about going outside to get a rock to throw through their window - that's how mad I was at the time, but then stopped myself -- realizing how dumb it sounded, and also realizing that I would then be the bad guy here.

What can I do? When I was shoveling snow last year, I met the neighbor husband and realized that he speaks very little English, so going over to talk to them wouldn't help. I have thrown a couple of heavy shoes against the wall when the noise had been going on for hours, and then it stopped.

The other people who lived there were quiet and normal -- no excess noise -- just regular noise that people living regular lives make. I have told the landlord, and they really don't seem to care -- they only care about collecting their rent.

What should I do to stop this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 08:18 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,640,495 times
Have you talked to the landlord or management company for your building?

Old 05-13-2017, 08:52 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,137,281 times
<chuckle> obvious troll post, but I cannot stop laughing.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:03 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,313,804 times
Welcome to apartment living. If you don't like it, find another place to live.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:01 AM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Shoveling snow? What in tarnation.........

Old 05-14-2017, 10:06 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,137,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Shoveling snow? What in tarnation.........
Is a neighbor husband more or less the same thing as a baby daddy?

"What can I do? When I was shoveling snow last year, I met the neighbor husband and realized that he speaks very little English, so going over to talk to them wouldn't help. I have thrown a couple of heavy shoes against the wall when the noise had been going on for hours, and then it stopped."

Old 05-15-2017, 06:00 AM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Is a neighbor husband more or less the same thing as a baby daddy?

"What can I do? When I was shoveling snow last year, I met the neighbor husband and realized that he speaks very little English, so going over to talk to them wouldn't help. I have thrown a couple of heavy shoes against the wall when the noise had been going on for hours, and then it stopped."
Not sure but if throwing heavy shoes makes it stop snowing I'll keep a pair close to the front door

Old 05-15-2017, 06:20 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,488,479 times
Huh?

What on earth would you need to shovel if you are in an apartment? And when was the last snow fall in San Diego?

Maybe just throw some snowballs at their door.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:13 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
Sorry, most apartment-living, around people who are lower middle-class and below......is basically going to be toilet-living.

Grubby, dumb, wildly hedonistic and inconsiderate.......most lower-income people would fall into this mold...............and it really shows when you live close to them in apartments.

Sorry, I don't know what to say, management will probably do nothing, the offenders will probably just blow you off.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:26 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,691,377 times
Always wanted to try that shoveling snow thing. Seems kinda fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: