Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 05:03 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
I really don't know why they have more bathrooms. I wasn't aware of that.

Do you want to live close to the beach? We lived in La Jolla for awhile but didn't care for it It is very crowded. We also don't care for the marine layer. We prefer the drier, warmer, sunnier weather farther inland. I am not a beach lover. That is just our personal preferences. Many people like it.
I actually like the cooler, misty weather near the coast, though I'm not a big beach person either, so I don't need to be too close to it. Just don't want Poway or Rancho Bernardo sort of climate. Thank you for the notice about the crowds (say around the village and right on the coast).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 01:17 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Try well over $2 million.
Nah...

https://www.trulia.com/property/3270...Jolla-CA-92037

Old 07-08-2017, 09:39 AM

3,469 posts, read 5,262,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
In all fairness though, that place is a dump for $1.3 mil!!

Old 07-08-2017, 09:42 AM

3,469 posts, read 5,262,281 times
Quote:
Same with us. We are happier inland because we have more elbow room, and our lower expenses allowed us to put both kids through college without loans and financed my early retirement. We haven't died yet from having warmer weather than the coast (it's hardly like living in Phoenix!). My husband works on Point Loma, and will often call to tell me that it is chilly or cloudy or grey there, while meanwhile, it's clear and sunny where I am. I like that!
Granted, it was 100f here yesterday while our friends downtown said it was in the 70s there, but those days are rare compared to what you described. Most of the time, we're enjoying 80f sunshine while the coast is socked in. I grew up in an inland area in the Bay Area where we had the same setup, and I just prefer the predictable sunshine.

Old 07-08-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
In all fairness though, that place is a dump for $1.3 mil!!
Dated yes, but a dump?

Old 07-08-2017, 11:47 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,888 times
Quote:
Dated yes, but a dump?
There are a lot of other more desirable areas in San Diego where you get a much nicer home for that price.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
There are a lot of other more desirable areas in San Diego where you get a much nicer home for that price.
Ok, but the recent discussion was about La Jolla and Del Mar.

As for Del Mar only having 2m plus SFR prices, see below.

13654 Calais Dr, Del Mar, CA 92014 - realtor.com®

Old 07-08-2017, 05:05 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Quote:
Ok, but the recent discussion was about La Jolla and Del Mar.

As for Del Mar only having 2m plus SFR prices, see below.

13654 Calais Dr, Del Mar, CA 92014 - realtor.com®
Wow, such a bargain. Close enough to the 5 freeway to inhale fumes, for the "bargain price" of $1.4 million.

And it is not in Del Mar.

It's in "Del Mar Heights" which is actually in the city of San Diego.

You can also look up the address on the City of San Diego zone website to see that it is in San Diego, not Del Mar. http://apps3.sandiego.gov/siteinfoweb/begin.do

But hey, the buyer (and the realtor) can claim it's in "Del Mar" to justify paying $1.4 million for a 1970s tract home.

Here is a map showing the city of Del Mar city limits, from the city: http://www.delmar.ca.us/437/City-Limits-Map

Zillow.com's data shows the median price of homes in the city of Del Mar is $3,195,000.

https://www.zillow.com/del-mar-ca/home-values/

Last edited by RosieSD; 07-08-2017 at 05:31 PM..

Old 07-08-2017, 05:44 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Quote:
That is not in the "village of La Jolla". Find me a home in the village of La Jolla or in La Jolla Shores for $1 million and we'll talk.

The home you've linked to is in the La Jolla Heights area, which is just over the freeway from University City and down the road from UCSD. It's a nice enough area, but certain sections do get a bit of fly over noise from the Miramar Air Station.

Of course, there's no such thing as a "city of La Jolla". Everything people term "La Jolla" is just another neighborhood within the city of San Diego, like Scripps Ranch, Pacific Beach, North Park, Barrio Logan, etc.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:30 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,888 times
Quote:
That is not in the "village of La Jolla". Find me a home in the village of La Jolla or in La Jolla Shores for $1 million and we'll talk.

The home you've linked to is in the La Jolla Heights area, which is just over the freeway from University City and down the road from UCSD. It's a nice enough area, but certain sections do get a bit of fly over noise from the Miramar Air Station.

Of course, there's no such thing as a "city of La Jolla". Everything people term "La Jolla" is just another neighborhood within the city of San Diego, like Scripps Ranch, Pacific Beach, North Park, Barrio Logan, etc.
That is one of the problems with both La Jolla and Del Mar. A lot of people think that La Jolla is a city but it is not, it is part of San Diego. Like you said neither of those homes are actually in Del Mar or La Jolla.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego