Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 05:29 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,404,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
So the short version is a combination of inertia (moving's a pain), being near family, and the fact that once your lifestyle is comfortable enough, having a bigger house, car, etc. doesn't really add much additional satisfaction.
Yep, inertia is the biggest reason I stay. Plus, while the expense of everything drains my wealth, R/E appreciation counteracts it. My housing costs are roughly covered by my housing appreciation.

Another reason I stay is fear of allergies. That's an odd thing I know, but I have some of the worst seasonal allergies imaginable and San Diego's ocean breezes help mitigate them more than anywhere else I've lived.

Finally, the weather keeps me here. Greater cold wouldn't bother me, but I can't deal with heat and humidity, nor could I afford 5 months of A/C (see Axxlrod's posts about his ginormous electric bills!). Here, I never use more than 100kwh in a month and 10 -15 Therms of gas. That makes for a low SDGE bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 05:32 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Baja is all about Tijuana. In Tijuana you eat drink shop gamble and hit the bars. If you are into that sort of thing it's a blast. If not come down for the day and have a few tacos buy your souvenirs then leave.
LOLOLOLOL!

My Mexican (from Parral) roommate told me she cringes when she thinks that gringos equate Mexico with Tijuana.

If you like what Tijuana has to offer, great. Then to see Mexico, visit the rest of Baja and the other Mexican states.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:34 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Are you talking about TJ? That sounds like the TJ of the 60's & 70's, not now.
There is a wonderful expression we use down in TJ.....YMMV ( YOUR mileage may vary ).

Everyone's experience is unique. This is mine

Old 06-10-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
LOLOLOLOL!

My Mexican (from Parral) roommate told me she cringes when she thinks that gringos equate Mexico with Tijuana.

If you like what Tijuana has to offer, great. Then to see Mexico, visit the rest of Baja and the other Mexican states.
LOL

Been all over Mexico since the 1970's.

You either love TJ or you don't. See my last response above...... YMMV.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:33 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
There is a wonderful expression we use down in TJ.....YMMV ( YOUR mileage may vary ).

Everyone's experience is unique. This is mine

Well, then...

¡tu vives la vida loca!

Old 06-10-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Well, then...

¡tu vives la vida loca!
" Simon Que Si "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego