Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 07:27 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,988,281 times

Advertisements

I work in the new Kaiser hospital, and my AT&T wireless service doesn't work unless I'm within 5 feet of a window or outside door! What gives?! Everyone else that has Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile get their texts (which is my main concern, since I can do wifi calling) no problem!

I remember the building tour guys saying that for some reason or another AT&T didn't have an extender in the building. I'm wondering why this is?!

Is AT&T that bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 07:38 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
I work in the new Kaiser hospital, and my AT&T wireless service doesn't work unless I'm within 5 feet of a window or outside door! What gives?! Everyone else that has Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile get their texts (which is my main concern, since I can do wifi calling) no problem!

I remember the building tour guys saying that for some reason or another AT&T didn't have an extender in the building. I'm wondering why this is?!

Is AT&T that bad?
I would never use AT &T

Old 06-02-2017, 07:41 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,988,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I would never use AT &T
Some people will say the same thing about T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon.

Old 06-03-2017, 02:13 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,570,523 times
In San Diego, Verizon is king. T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T do not work in my house.

Old 06-03-2017, 05:00 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,350,757 times
"for some reason or another AT&T didn't have an extender in the building".....that would seem to be a question for AT&T.....and your employer. I'm sure Kaiser would be interested/concerned that you report you cannot receive text messages.... during your nursing shift in their ER...

But, not to worry, I have taken the liberty of reporting the problem to the Kaiser HR department, and the ER Director to see if they can get to the bottom of this. I used the info on your profile page....I'm sure they will have no trouble finding you.

Seriously, you are free to go to a window or door on your break, or at lunch, so you can get your all important text messages....why is this an issue during your on-duty time...shouldn't your patients have all of your attention ?

What am I missing ?

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 06-03-2017, 11:47 AM

212 posts, read 156,285 times
I have AT&T cell service. I've never had a problem with it anywhere that I have been in the US, in work (and we have thick concrete walls), at home etc. That's in term of talking as well as data.

The reason I switched was that I had T Mobile. T Mobile although the cheapest for what I wanted, was the worst for me. With them I found I would frequently get no service in some parts of the US, get dropped calls, and my phone wouldn't work in a room with thick concrete walls. Likewise the data on it although unlimited rarely ever worked even if I went on a wifi network. No one it was the cheapest unlimited plan for me as it never worked.

I actually was trying to go with Verizon since I had them years earlier and it just was the best overall (although the priciest). I had bought my Android right before having T Mobile so I knew I wanted to use that phone with my next carrier. Verizon wouldn't allow my phone since it was on a different system. AT&T used the same system so I switched. Been pretty happy with them so far.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:45 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,029,485 times
Yeah I ditched AT&T a decade ago because it didn't work in so many places here. No issues whatsoever with Verizon since, though.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:48 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,029,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
"for some reason or another AT&T didn't have an extender in the building".....that would seem to be a question for AT&T.....and your employer. I'm sure Kaiser would be interested/concerned that you report you cannot receive text messages.... during your nursing shift in their ER...

But, not to worry, I have taken the liberty of reporting the problem to the Kaiser HR department, and the ER Director to see if they can get to the bottom of this. I used the info on your profile page....I'm sure they will have no trouble finding you.

Seriously, you are free to go to a window or door on your break, or at lunch, so you can get your all important text messages....why is this an issue during your on-duty time...shouldn't your patients have all of your attention ?

What am I missing ?

Regards
Gemstone1
Really? You know sometimes folks only have a couple of minutes to rest, and "scheduled breaks" aren't really a thing in the ER, right?? So someone shouldn't be able to catch up with kids/spouse/whoever during those moments? or deal with a minor crisis at home during a quick available few seconds?

Man. Judgey McJudgerson over here.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:05 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,688,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post

What am I missing ?

Regards
Gemstone1
Seems we have another jealous/bitter person who lives in a flyover state, and hangs out in the CA forums (cuz that's where they wished they lived) to bash.

Why don't you run on back now to the VA forum. I'm sure they've missed you.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:21 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
Some people will say the same thing about T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon.
And I have used all of those and prefer T-Mobile but dropped them a few years ago when it looked like AT&T was going top buy them. I still see T-Mobile as best and US Cellular which I currently have as next best and Verizon is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego