Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 07:58 PM

368 posts, read 366,243 times

Advertisements

Before I drop 6 figures plus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 07:59 PM

368 posts, read 366,243 times
I'm talking about a neighborhood called Northpark? I liked it. But during the day.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:12 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,261,800 times
Look at La Mesa before dropping 6 figures in North Park. NP has been overrun with hipsters for over 5 years and is overcrowded. La Mesa offers many of the same amenities, albeit on a smaller scale, and has an older demographic. It's gentrifying rapidly in the village area and won't be a little-known secret for much longer.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:20 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,646,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
Look at La Mesa before dropping 6 figures in North Park. NP has been overrun with hipsters for over 5 years and is overcrowded. La Mesa offers many of the same amenities, albeit on a smaller scale, and has an older demographic. It's gentrifying rapidly in the village area and won't be a little-known secret for much longer.
Good advice. The Village area of La Mesa is on track to be the new North Park. (North Park was on track to be the "new Hillcrest" a few years ago.)

However, you'll be hard pressed to find anything below $650K+ within walking distance to La Mesa Village these days.

The secret is out.

All that said, North Park definitely still has its appeal too. Hopefully, posters like Jenkay and others who have lived in North Park will reply to your thread soon. Read through this thread for some posts about North Park in the meantime: //www.city-data.com/forum/san-d...overrated.html

And, you might find this article of interest: http://www.sandiegomagazine.com/San-...de-North-Park/

Good luck with your decision!

Last edited by RosieSD; 08-20-2017 at 08:31 PM..

Old 08-20-2017, 08:27 PM

Where is the new vinyl record store, Rosie?

Old 08-20-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Where is the new vinyl record store, Rosie?
Right on La Mesa Blvd. in the heart of the Village. https://www.yelp.com/biz/re-animated-records-la-mesa

And, there is a much younger crowd strolling the Boulevard these days.

Last edited by RosieSD; 08-20-2017 at 08:59 PM..

Old 08-20-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Right on La Mesa Blvd. in the heart of the Village. https://www.yelp.com/biz/re-animated-records-la-mesa

And, there is a much younger crowd strolling the Boulevard these days.
This is exactly why I tell young people on this forum not to move to SD. SD has the highest millennial % of any major metro in the US, and everyone knows they don't do much except create lame techie apps, stare at their smartphones, and look for things to get offended about. They keep moving here and moving back to where they came from because they can't afford it. Their generational narcissism drives them to move here imprudently when there's readily available information indicating it's not a good idea. If they had a lick of sense I'd go much easier on them. And this is despite the LOCAL-BORN millennial population DECLINING due to them moving away due to the economic factors. These vermin will infest and render uninhabitable every halfway-interesting area in SD county before they are done.

Thanks for the tip, I will have to check out re-animated records

Old 08-20-2017, 10:40 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,131,150 times
Quote:
This is exactly why I tell young people on this forum not to move to SD. SD has the highest millennial % of any major metro in the US, and everyone knows they don't do much except create lame techie apps, stare at their smartphones, and look for things to get offended about. They keep moving here and moving back to where they came from because they can't afford it. Their generational narcissism drives them to move here imprudently when there's readily available information indicating it's not a good idea. If they had a lick of sense I'd go much easier on them. And this is despite the LOCAL-BORN millennial population DECLINING due to them moving away due to the economic factors. These vermin will infest and render uninhabitable every halfway-interesting area in SD county before they are done.

Thank you for this advice, I'll make sure not to move to SD!

Old 08-20-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:

Actually, I know quite a few millennials (both native born and newcomers) who are doing just fine in the San Diego area and contributing positive things to San Diego.

I personally welcome them.

They're San Diego's future.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:54 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,131,150 times
Well, I'll have to admit, I'm a millennial, so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego