Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 04:21 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
As long as they dont hurl that craft beer all over your backseat. My sister used to drive for Lyft and she stopped because they were plenty of close calls from picking up drunks in the late night hours.
I can only imagine, id be pissed and would probably lose my job
took this from another site
Quote:
$150: This is the maximum amount of money you can get when your request for an uber cleaning fee is approved. Usually, this sum is provided to you in cases of vomit, urine, blood or other bodily fluids that are spread on the inside of your car.
$100: You will get this money in cases of small bodily fluid mess. If the client has stained some surfaces that are hard to clean, most probably you will be reimbursed with $100, too.
$50: The most common situation for this sum is vomit on the outside of your car. Other issues that are smaller or on easy-cleaning surfaces will also be compensated with this amount of money.
$25: This sum has been recently introduced, and it is usually provided for small, ordinary types of mess, such as food.
So They do reimburse you but you have take before and after pictures.
I might check this out, i have nothing to do this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 07:24 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,642,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
As long as they dont hurl that craft beer all over your backseat. My sister used to drive for Lyft and she stopped because they were plenty of close calls from picking up drunks in the late night hours.
Your sister is a braver woman than I am.

It's interesting to see the reimbursement that uber gives for clean up. The fact that they need to even have that suggests that it must happen pretty often to drivers. It's one thing to be driving a taxi cab and have someone hurl in the backseat. It's another thing when it's your personal vehicle. Even with a thorough cleaning, it takes a while to get that smell out (not to mention the germs that might be hanging around in the air).

Old 11-05-2017, 09:37 AM

1,052 posts, read 798,021 times
I use Uber a lot and almost always spend the ride talking to the drivers. There are definitely two classes: those who work the late nite shift in the entertainment areas and those who refuse. Seems mostly a personal preference though it's my impression very few women drivers work the late shift. In addition to vomiting, another risk is that the passenger becomes unconscious. Heard a funny story where a driver thought he was picking up three women late at night, then two of them proceeded to place their unconscious friend in the back seat and head back into the bar. Drunks are generally more difficult to deal with as well.

That said, I think Uber is a boon in reducing drunk driving. In Austin (where drinking and driving is a real issue), when Uber/Lyft pulled out, drunk driving went up. I suspect there's an opportunity to develop some sort of vomit-proof cover for back seats, kinda like slip covers.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:28 PM

6,503 posts, read 7,531,718 times
IPA please. Stone IPA is my go too beer at home, if I want something really strong then I pick up a 6 pack of Green Flash's West Coast IPA or Alpine Brewery Double IPA, but those tend to be about $15 dlls a six pack.

I think I've tried about 60% of every beer SD has to offer, if we go to a different brewery, my go to is always the local IPA.

Me likes HOPS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego