Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 08:25 AM

9,804 posts, read 11,494,188 times

Advertisements

Whats funny is, for last 20+ years October in San Diego has always had a couple weeks worth of Heatwaves and every year i hear people complain
I'm going to predict something, October 2018 will have Santa Ana's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 08:50 AM

3,444 posts, read 5,231,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlepot View Post
Put me on the list of "Me Too!"

I hate San Diego summers and this year, the bad summer weather was 5 months long, June through the end of October. You can bundle up to deal with cold, but with heat, at a certain point, only A/C will do, and that's expensive nowadays.

Weather Wimps Unite!
Funny, I have heard a lot of complaints about this Summer's humid weather, but living in the Far Eastern section of Scripps Ranch, we found it to be pretty nice because the low humidity made it comfortable. Coastal people always gloat about their milder temperatures, but with the humidity near the water, I actually think it's more comfortable inland with hotter temperatures and dry air, and it certainly cools off much better at night to make it comfortable.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:31 PM

50,158 posts, read 46,820,657 times
Blech, turn the heat back on. It's cold up here on the mountain at night and day lately. No rain just blech.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:27 PM

9,523 posts, read 30,419,594 times
Love this weather!

Old 11-07-2017, 07:32 AM

3,444 posts, read 5,231,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Blech, turn the heat back on. It's cold up here on the mountain at night and day lately. No rain just blech.
I see that on the weather report! But you're in the mountains... Four seasons are part of the appeal.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:13 AM

8,384 posts, read 7,601,750 times
Quote:
Did you recently move, 1AngryTaxPayer? Or are you still south of Clairemont Mesa and just being funny?

Old 11-07-2017, 01:40 PM

50,158 posts, read 46,820,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Did you recently move, 1AngryTaxPayer? Or are you still south of Clairemont Mesa and just being funny?
I hunt and work part time up here in the sticks!! So, I schedule all my vacation to work and play up here. I bounce from Palomar to Laguna to Campo. Right now I'm in Campo near the border. It's 70 and cloudy with a light wind. Perfect for hunting. It's been in the low 40s at night.

I'm up here until mid December. Life is rough

Old 11-07-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I hunt and work part time up here in the sticks!! So, I schedule all my vacation to work and play up here. I bounce from Palomar to Laguna to Campo. Right now I'm in Campo near the border. It's 70 and cloudy with a light wind. Perfect for hunting. It's been in the low 40s at night.

I'm up here until mid December. Life is rough
Heck, you're practically in my backyard in Campo.

We had some wild weather here this afternoon -- thunder, lightening, and rain. It was quite dramatic over the mountains behind my house.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:10 AM

84 posts, read 56,702 times
Hi RosieSD I say the same thing about Jamul. Just a hop-skip-and a jump away from Campo. We got the winds and weather through Campo shortly before dark. Made it tough to BBQ even on the patio but oh well, just a challenge. The fire in the stove was nice to keep the house warm over night, our 2nd fire this season. I hope 1ATP has his trailer with a heater out here. Beautiful out here this morning and will be a nice day to be outside.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcq View Post
Hi RosieSD I say the same thing about Jamul. Just a hop-skip-and a jump away from Campo. We got the winds and weather through Campo shortly before dark. Made it tough to BBQ even on the patio but oh well, just a challenge. The fire in the stove was nice to keep the house warm over night, our 2nd fire this season. I hope 1ATP has his trailer with a heater out here. Beautiful out here this morning and will be a nice day to be outside.
Yes, out in East County a "hop skip and a jump" takes on new meaning, especially when you know the backroads. Did you get any thunder yesterday? It really surprised me.

Don't know if you caught it, but the sunrise this morning was incredible -- the sky was so red that I almost thought there was a fire somewhere when I first looked out the window.

We're heading out to the desert this morning for a couple of days. Looks like it will be perfect desert weather this weekend. That's another reason to love this time of year (and living in Southern California)! We will wave at you and 1Angrytaxpayer when we pass through Campo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego