Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2017, 12:09 PM

7,411 posts, read 6,556,774 times

Advertisements

Maybe...but anybody who daydreams or is on their cell phone and has not put their foot on the gas pedal 10 seconds after the light has turned green, is jaywalking, or has not mastered the challenging concept that a green directional arrow with a red light means you can proceed deserves to be honked at and should retake Drivers Ed 101...compounding such a mistake by getting out of your vehicle and/or punching my hood constitutes road rage on your behalf and makes you the aggressor; use of my horn does not. Funny how the law works, isn't it??...sounds like where you are is a good fit for you and it seems you are verifying a claim made earlier by sdlife619--your feelings have gotten hurt over a hypothetical, not actual, horn honk..LOL.

[quote=BBslider001;50444104]Well, it sounds like Miami is a good place for you then. Anyone that honks a horn at me gets their hood punched. That has always been lost on me. They should be removed from vehicles in my opinion.[/QUOTE

Last edited by elchevere; 12-19-2017 at 01:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 04:17 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,262,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Well, it sounds like Miami is a good place for you then. Anyone that honks a horn at me gets their hood punched. That has always been lost on me. They should be removed from vehicles in my opinion.
That's a good way to get the cops called on you. Are you a proponent of discourteous driving by any chance??

Old 12-19-2017, 04:19 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,262,172 times
[quote=elchevere;50444372]Maybe...but anybody who daydreams or is on their cell phone and has not put their foot on the gas pedal 10 seconds after the light has turned green, is jaywalking, or has not mastered the challenging concept that a green directional arrow with a red light means you can proceed deserves to be honked at and should retake Drivers Ed 101...compounding such a mistake by getting out of your vehicle and/or punching my hood constitutes road rage on your behalf and makes you the aggressor; use of my horn does not. Funny how the law works, isn't it??...sounds like where you are is a good fit for you and it seems you are verifying a claim made earlier by sdlife619--your feelings have gotten hurt over a hypothetical, not actual, horn honk..LOL.

Quote:
Well, it sounds like Miami is a good place for you then. Anyone that honks a horn at me gets their hood punched. That has always been lost on me. They should be removed from vehicles in my opinion.[/QUOTE
The inalienable right to be a DB is very near and dear to many San Diegans.

Defending it is one of the rare times you'll actually see them motivated.

Last edited by GSR13; 12-19-2017 at 04:44 PM..

Old 12-19-2017, 06:13 PM

1,082 posts, read 833,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Maybe...but anybody who daydreams or is on their cell phone and has not put their foot on the gas pedal 10 seconds after the light has turned green, is jaywalking, or has not mastered the challenging concept that a green directional arrow with a red light means you can proceed deserves to be honked at and should retake Drivers Ed 101...compounding such a mistake by getting out of your vehicle and/or punching my hood constitutes road rage on your behalf and makes you the aggressor; use of my horn does not. Funny how the law works, isn't it??...sounds like where you are is a good fit for you and it seems you are verifying a claim made earlier by sdlife619--your feelings have gotten hurt over a hypothetical, not actual, horn honk..LOL.
Naw, no hurt feelings here...just calling BS behavior
like I see it...which now you're back peddling and calling it "hypothetical". Human behavior never ceases to amaze me. I like it..."road rage" instigated by bad behavior. This same mentality just can't figure why the dog bit them when they poked it with a stick. Yup, where I am is a perfect fit and couldn't be happier.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:25 PM

7,411 posts, read 6,556,774 times
Not back pedaling at all...I gave you examples in which I have used my horn. Your claiming to cause property damage to the hood of my car in the future IF I ever honked my horn at you IS most definitely hypothetical. ....but be aware I and others can use a horn (cars come equipped with them) and not be in violation of the law. Should you or someone else get out of your car and attack property, that IS against the law--but maybe you should try it and test the law should someone use their horn or cut you off and report back the results.

All it takes is a photo of you (or someone else) outside of your car and your license plate tag and the cops will be knocking on your door. Maybe focus on the "BS behavior" of self absorbed schmucks who are texting and not moving for 10 seconds after a light has changed as the reason for prompting a horn to be used in the first place if you wish to test Pavlov theory.

Quote:
Naw, no hurt feelings here...just calling BS behavior
like I see it...which now you're back peddling and calling it "hypothetical". Human behavior never ceases to amaze me. I like it..."road rage" instigated by bad behavior. This same mentality just can't figure why the dog bit them when they poked it with a stick. Yup, where I am is a perfect fit and couldn't be happier.

Last edited by elchevere; 12-19-2017 at 06:54 PM..

Old 12-20-2017, 08:43 AM

3,397 posts, read 2,805,928 times
If you do stupid things on the road like text and swerve in my lane, merge like an idiot, sit at a green light while texting on the phone, hold up traffic in the left lane going below the speed limit, don't use a turn signal and cut me off...you deserve a very subtle reminder (car horn) that you are being an inconsiderate idiot.

The car horn is rare in SD but please if we can't afford to have police some people need to be called out for illegal or sometimes just inconsiderate behavior.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:01 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Just because it's illegal to carry here doesn't mean people don't, because they do.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:48 AM

Of course, I meant "hypothetically" punch your hood elchevere....

Old 12-21-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
If you do stupid things on the road like text and swerve in my lane, merge like an idiot, sit at a green light while texting on the phone, hold up traffic in the left lane going below the speed limit, don't use a turn signal and cut me off...you deserve a very subtle reminder (car horn) that you are being an inconsiderate idiot.

The car horn is rare in SD but please if we can't afford to have police some people need to be called out for illegal or sometimes just inconsiderate behavior.
This being said, I was more addressing the "demanding type A nature" of the hypothetical horn honk and not so much the bump of the horn to get a texters attention, for example. I have heard you east coasters and how you love to lay on that horn at someone in the crosswalk or right by someone walking on the sidewalk. Yeah, it deserves a hood punch. It's not the SoCal way. Either way, moving forward.

Old 12-26-2017, 05:41 PM

14 posts, read 31,872 times
I just moved here two months ago and IMHO people drive like absolute maniacs here. They will honk you off the freeway if you're going less than 70 mph. Scares the crap out of me. I've taken to "practice driving" during off hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego