Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 11:02 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Personally, life is grand. I'm going to enjoy while I can because things always seem to go sideways. For the most part we have our health, great jobs (plus bonuses), an awesome family and nothing really upside down.

Life is too short to worry about things I don't have any control over.
You and me both. Of course posting on City-Data can also be .... fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2017, 07:53 AM

1,082 posts, read 833,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Personally, life is grand. I'm going to enjoy while I can because things always seem to go sideways. For the most part we have our health, great jobs (plus bonuses), an awesome family and nothing really upside down.

Life is too short to worry about things I don't have any control over.
And this is key. Health is everything and family is second. Can't do a darn thing when the body breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Best post in this thread.

With that, I bid you all Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays (take your pick) and extend sincere good wishes to you and yours for the coming New Year!
Same same Rosie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Don't for get the coke or beer.
Beer for sure bud! have a great holiday.

Old 12-23-2017, 01:11 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
OK, I’ll bite.

When I left San Diego & moved to rural Washington, I thought the pace would be slower, people would be relaxed & friendly, & there would be no road rage.

Wrong.

I’ve had more road rage situations here than in my entire life in SoCal...only here, it means as a driver you can be pushed off into a ditch, or down a mountain, or have a foreign object thrown at your car, or have someone throw a foreign object at you when you are walking your dog, all of which myself & spouse have experienced. Speed limits are very low in my area, primarily because the area is a known speed trap & pricey tickets are revenue. State Patrol are everywhere, just itching to bust you. So, I go the speed limit, I can’t afford a ticket. But then, I get my a** ridden & flipped off. What I can’t figure out is, where are these people in a hurry to get to, we’re in the middle of nowhere, & why are they so mad? So now, instead of playing bumper cars on the freeway, I play dodge the aggressive loony-tuner.

Then, there are a lot of people who like the poster in #4 above who are huge California-haters IRL. BTW, that poster is everywhere, I was shocked to see him in the San Diego forum. Oh, well, everything is California’s fault.

It’s just the way of the world, & especially, this country now. If anyone finds Nirvana, please share.

I used to live in Ohio and my impression is that San Diego has fewer road rage drivers than where I used to live. In regard to the California haters you see lots of them on the P&C board and they are really creepy. It's hard to understand why their feelings are so intense especially since it appears many of them have never lived here. I have seen several posts where these people hope all Californians die in our ongoing forest fires because of what they perceive to be our misguided political beliefs.

Old 12-23-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamul Samual View Post
Oh shut up lol. No one cares about your backwards family.

You claim to be all jolly and humble but are the first to complain and stress over issues in City Data. Can’t wait til you get priced out of San Diego out to Arizona.
I'm rubber and you're glue....sticks and stones

Old 12-25-2017, 10:49 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
This topic is stupid and wrong and all you people need to shut the hell up.
"Angrier". Ha! Thats ridiculous, how could I possibly get any angrier?

Old 12-25-2017, 11:16 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,261,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
This topic is stupid and wrong and all you people need to shut the hell up.
"Angrier". Ha! Thats ridiculous, how could I possibly get any angrier?
How is the topic stupid and wrong? This thread is *not* about you, btw. There are at least a couple of logical fallacies in this post but I'm too tired at this point to decipher them. Lay off the eggnog, please.

(edit: argument by assertion and cherry-picking seem to be the fallacies at play here)

Last edited by GSR13; 12-25-2017 at 11:27 PM..

Old 12-26-2017, 07:05 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
*sigh*

Where's the 'irony' emoji when you need one?

Old 12-27-2017, 12:51 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
*sigh*

Where's the 'irony' emoji when you need one?
Its right next to the sarcasm one which I didnt think I needed.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:53 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
It's a national trend and one I gladly don't participate in.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Its right next to the sarcasm one which I didnt think I needed.
Awesome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego