Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 10:28 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
It's nicer inside now, because it's been renovated.
Yeah that’s obvious, I was stating that’s it’s nicer now than it was years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 11:17 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,895,809 times
Yeah they totally need to tear the Valley View (Sports Arena) down like 10 years ago. If it weren’t for the Gulls we wouldn’t dream of going there but those boys are our new city sports team and are a blast to watch. I’ve seen countless concerts there over the decades- fortunately I was usually so stoned or blazing enough not to notice the horrible acoustics after a while but I wouldn’t ever go there for a concert today.

Why TF we would even think of a white elephant massive football arena looming over downtown, mostly dead except for eight games a year when a multi-use, modest sized sports/concert venue would generate so much more potential use and revenue is beyond me.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:04 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,769,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Yeah they totally need to tear the Valley View (Sports Arena) down like 10 years ago. If it weren’t for the Gulls we wouldn’t dream of going there but those boys are our new city sports team and are a blast to watch. I’ve seen countless concerts there over the decades- fortunately I was usually so stoned or blazing enough not to notice the horrible acoustics after a while but I wouldn’t ever go there for a concert today.

Why TF we would even think of a white elephant massive football arena looming over downtown, mostly dead except for eight games a year when a multi-use, modest sized sports/concert venue would generate so much more potential use and revenue is beyond me.

This is all common sense stuff that somehow the leaders of this town don’t have and they can’t wrap their heads around.

I agree now on a sports arena that could house both hockey and basketball, including concerts in the near future instead of a massive downtown stadium, but it all depends on if a wealthy investor or an investment group can agree on to build a new arena in the same location where the sports arena sits on rather than focusing heavily on downtown spot.

It’s been long overdue, and I hope something gets done soon so we can possibly get the NBA back, and turn the Gulls into an NHL team once a new arena is built.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:22 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,527,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
This is all common sense stuff that somehow the leaders of this town don’t have and they can’t wrap their heads around.

I agree now on a sports arena that could house both hockey and basketball, including concerts in the near future instead of a massive downtown stadium, but it all depends on if a wealthy investor or an investment group can agree on to build a new arena in the same location where the sports arena sits on rather than focusing heavily on downtown spot.

It’s been long overdue, and I hope something gets done soon so we can possibly get the NBA back, and turn the Gulls into an NHL team once a new arena is built.
One big thing too though, about where the Sports Arena is, is that public transit to it is lousy.
After the Gulls game, which wasn't a sellout, maybe 7k actual people there, it took, 20 to 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot area.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:14 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Both MTS busses #8 & 9 stop on the street right outside the Sport Arena, so it's not that bad.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:16 AM

6,504 posts, read 7,533,875 times
Even Qualcomm Stadium with it's dedicated trolley stop is sort of a bear to get out of by trolley. Petco Park is much easier to leave because people disperse in all different directions and can catch the trolley in many different spots.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:33 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
The only problem with the trolley at Qualcomm, is the amount of people waiting in line to get on it. But MTS adds extra trolleys, and as soon as one leaves, another one pulls up, so it really doesn't take that long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego