Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 11:45 PM

123 posts, read 169,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snpdragr View Post
Before moving to San Diego, I lived in boulder. What's great about Colorado is the front range and having great access to hiking (boulder is especially good for that) and RMNP not too far away. But it doesn't compete well against San Diego which has amazing weather and is simple fantastic for outdoor oriented folks.
That's the thing...I'm not a cold weather fan having lived most of my life in northern Illinois. It was 7 degrees in Denver when I left for work this morning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 07:40 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,475,285 times
I guess what I meant by urban was that Denver has more of a mix of industrial, commercial, residential than SD, bigger airport, trucking and heavy rail, apartment density, etc. It also has a lot of areas with a 'gritty' feel. Also it has more of a defined downtown area than SD. But yes when put in the context of greater southern CA, it's a lot more manageable.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
I guess what I meant by urban was that Denver has more of a mix of industrial, commercial, residential than SD, bigger airport, trucking and heavy rail, apartment density, etc. It also has a lot of areas with a 'gritty' feel. Also it has more of a defined downtown area than SD. But yes when put in the context of greater southern CA, it's a lot more manageable.
I think people underestimate the growth Denver has experienced. It's one of the fastest growing cities in the country.

Not saying I disagree with SD being more urban...just sayin'

Old 01-17-2018, 11:09 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,036 times
I almost moved to Denver in 2009. I spent a few weeks out there prior to that and absolutely loved it.

I think it is an ideal place for San Diegans that haven't fallen in love with the ocean or don't utilize it all that often and value space and don't mind isolation. Of course cost savings comes to mind too but Winter time you likely deal with cost of heating.

Flip that around Denver to San Diego is A good move for those who feel a little isolated don't mind congestion and like ocean activities.

I think like many west coast cities they are very similar in the fact that they draw many Transplants. I think the hiking is similar and you can definately enjoy outdoorsy activities in both places.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I almost moved to Denver in 2009. I spent a few weeks out there prior to that and absolutely loved it.

I think it is an ideal place for San Diegans that haven't fallen in love with the ocean or don't utilize it all that often and value space and don't mind isolation. Of course cost savings comes to mind too but Winter time you likely deal with cost of heating.

Flip that around Denver to San Diego is A good move for those who feel a little isolated don't mind congestion and like ocean activities.

I think like many west coast cities they are very similar in the fact that they draw many Transplants. I think the hiking is similar and you can definately enjoy outdoorsy activities in both places.
I've heard a lot of good things about hiking trails in SD. My primary draw to San Diego is:

1. Weather
2. Ocean
3. "West coast mentality"

Denver is a bit too conservative and lacks diversity in my opinion.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:23 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
I'm from Denver and it seems like a real draw for those born here in SD as they have a lot of the same vibe but complete opposites in weather. Well, at least the area around Denver as it is actually on the plains not in the mountains. Both have large areas of conservatives with liberal, urban sections that seem to keep everyone happy. SD is more expensive but Denver isn't cheap anymore. The only scratch on Denver is the below zero temps otherwise I'd still live there.

Both offer things the other doesn't and both have sucky traffic now.

Old 01-18-2018, 03:43 PM

6 posts, read 7,538 times
How are Denver counties structured compare to SD? The greater county of SD is much different from SD the city.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestax View Post
How are Denver counties structured compare to SD? The greater county of SD is much different from SD the city.
I honestly cannot answer that. I've only been here a few months.

Old 01-19-2018, 06:05 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestax View Post
What do you mean, like govt?

Old 01-29-2018, 10:38 AM

774 posts, read 1,778,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler21 View Post
I've heard a lot of good things about hiking trails in SD. My primary draw to San Diego is:

1. Weather
2. Ocean
3. "West coast mentality"

Denver is a bit too conservative and lacks diversity in my opinion.
FYI: Denver's mayor is a Democrat, and SD's mayor is a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego