Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 10:13 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,068,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I do it all the time as it's the law if they are in a cross walk. Look, a moron on a bike is no different than the same moron in a car, or walking.
^This. I also stop at 4 ways because I never assume car drivers can see me or will just allow me to proceed first. Everyone seems to be in a rush (I'm not when riding) so I always give cars the right of way because I dont want to end up injured or dead. Funny thing is most car drivers will let me proceed first when at a 4 way stop and I think its because they see me actually following the rules of the road. Or maybe they see my 6 lb yorkie sitting in the bike basket looking super cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 11:01 AM

334 posts, read 363,093 times
Quote:
I do it all the time as it's the law if they are in a cross walk. Look, a moron on a bike is no different than the same moron in a car, or walking.
For me, crosswalk is about 50-50 whether the cyclist will yield or just blow by me. To clarify I meant cyclists riding on the sidewalk (following up on oddstray's comment).

Old 03-21-2018, 12:14 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snpdragr View Post
For me, crosswalk is about 50-50 whether the cyclist will yield or just blow by me. To clarify I meant cyclists riding on the sidewalk (following up on oddstray's comment).
10-4

One thing that drives me nutz is when you hit a 4 way I'll track stand and people will wave me on. But there are other cars expecting me to stop/yield. I just wish everyone would treat a bike like a car and let peds use the crosswalk like they have a right to.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:59 PM

5,740 posts, read 4,697,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Let's think about that for a second.

By your own admission, vast numbers of people find cyclists to be an irritating nuisance. Could it possibly be because they are?

We're simply tired of cyclists ignoring all traffic laws, hitting people and cars, causing huge problems, and then peddling off with their middle finger held high.
I haven't encountered any green bikes or whatever around here in Encinitas/Carlsbad.

But I do encounter huge packs of cyclists every weekend morning on Rancho Santa Fe rd. Groups of about 40 - 50 people riding 4 or 5 wide blocking the entire lane. Cars having to drive only about 15mph or so because of them, even though the speed limit is 45mph. Creates traffic jams, and dangerous driving conditions because cars will inevitably try to get around the horde.

And the cyclists know exactly what they are doing. They look over their shoulder at the line of cars stuck behind them, and they laugh to their buddies. Jerks.

Old 03-21-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
I haven't encountered any green bikes or whatever around here in Encinitas/Carlsbad.

But I do encounter huge packs of cyclists every weekend morning on Rancho Santa Fe rd. Groups of about 40 - 50 people riding 4 or 5 wide blocking the entire lane. Cars having to drive only about 15mph or so because of them, even though the speed limit is 45mph. Creates traffic jams, and dangerous driving conditions because cars will inevitably try to get around the horde.

And the cyclists know exactly what they are doing. They look over their shoulder at the line of cars stuck behind them, and they laugh to their buddies. Jerks.
Is there a dedicated bike lane on that road? If not then it is safer for the riders to do that vs risk being doored. If there is a bike lane then make a police report about it as they are just being ****.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:23 PM

5,740 posts, read 4,697,306 times
Yes, there is a bike lane on that road.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:48 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,574,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Someone cut one in half in Dallas and bolted it to a telephone pole:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heXUm57Xrk4
Nailing a bike to a telephone pole is a great idea. I'd love to do the same thing to a few politicians.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:47 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Quote:
I’ve had cyclists riding on the sidewalk give way to me when I’m walking. As you said, not all cyclists are dolts.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:03 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Looks like more cities are getting upset with the bikes and riders...

Public Nuisance? Bike share backlash as cities say they've had e - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Old 03-22-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Anything with a motor has always been illegal on the boardwalk yet they don't enforce it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego