U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2018, 10:57 AM

6 posts, read 5,529 times

Advertisements

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more bike infrastructure around SD but these Limebikes need to be docked correctly on sidewalks for pedestrians, disabled wheelchairs, and baby strollers to get through. I was at Little Italy last night and seeing how narrow the sidewalks are, they make it difficult for folks to walk around it. It seems like this is nothing new since places like Dallas and Seattle have already filed complaints, the people of La Jolla are following suit.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 11:21 AM

673 posts, read 337,220 times
I just got back from Point Loma. And seeing these lime bikes all over I got to thinking, who uses these? I don't get it. I'd rather rent a car as it is friggin' dangerous riding a bike in traffic. No thanks

Old 03-09-2018, 12:08 PM

14,490 posts, read 28,339,339 times
I guess you haven't seen how many people use them. I see people riding all of them all the time, and not just the Lime Bikes.

Old 03-09-2018, 12:27 PM

4,614 posts, read 6,179,627 times
There's a new player in town: Mobike. Looks like they are HQ'd in China.

Old 03-09-2018, 12:41 PM

40,828 posts, read 36,650,950 times
These things are literally all over. There were 2 parked in the handicap cross walk at Rite Aid and 2 more parked in a handicap parking spot. It was also an obstacle course of them on the sidewalk across from the mall in Linda Vista.

I thought they had someone picking them up? I do like the fact more are riding though.

Old 03-09-2018, 12:53 PM

14,490 posts, read 28,339,339 times
Lime Bike apparently has a 24 hour crew that picks them up, but I'm sure that they can't get them all. I've seen at least a minimum of 50 Lime bikes, plus the others right around the Gaslamp Trolley station and convention center. Lots of people are riding them along the bay, and lots of homeless people have claimed them, too.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Lime Bike apparently has a 24 hour crew that picks them up, but I'm sure that they can't get them all. I've seen at least a minimum of 50 Lime bikes, plus the others right around the Gaslamp Trolley station and convention center. Lots of people are riding them along the bay, and lots of homeless people have claimed them, too.
My friend was fishing OB pier and he said a transient threw two lime bikes off the end of it. Some people are so destructive.

Old 03-09-2018, 06:18 PM

1,876 posts, read 715,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I live in Gaslamp and yes, they are everywhere. Took my yorkie for a walk around the Embarcadero and there were lots of people riding them. I love seeing more people on bikes as I am a cycler too but why oh why do some folks think its ok to end their ride and leave the bike in the middle of walkways? A little common sense people. I'm sure that changes are a comin in regards to docking these bikes which is definitely a good thing.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:16 AM

6,585 posts, read 3,076,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
I live in Gaslamp and yes, they are everywhere. Took my yorkie for a walk around the Embarcadero and there were lots of people riding them. I love seeing more people on bikes as I am a cycler too but why oh why do some folks think its ok to end their ride and leave the bike in the middle of walkways? A little common sense people. I'm sure that changes are a comin in regards to docking these bikes which is definitely a good thing.
It’s the “all about me” mentality. There is no more consideration for other people. I saw one line bike and two yellow one blocking the sidewalk the other day. They were gone after a couple of days. I’m not sure if the company picked them up or someone else just rented them.

It’s a good idea but it’s going to cause some issues. I predict our great and powerful nanny, California, will step in and regulate how long the company has to pick them up or get them out of the way. The companies will then go under or move out of the area and we can go back to waiting for moonbeam’s train to nowhere.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:09 AM

I live in the middle of SFHville. Yesterday I watched a younger guy stop the bike in front of my neighbor's house, put the kick stand down and leave on his skateboard. It's still there like a pink flamingo.

This topic is on the news this am. I hope it will change when the free month thing is over. At least it's not like the green shopping cart thing where people just take them home and ditch them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego