Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 06:12 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,548,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Most Trump supporters, unlike you, know the difference between campaign rhetoric and reality.
"Read my lips - NO NEW TAXES" was just campaign rhetoric too. George then faced reality.

Too bad for him, he didn't get that same pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 06:31 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
"Read my lips - NO NEW TAXES" was just campaign rhetoric too. George then faced reality.

Too bad for him, he didn't get that same pass.
Nor did Obama, with "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it."

Old 03-14-2018, 06:41 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,387,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Nor did Obama, with "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it."
And: "you can keep your doctor".

Strange G. Bush was bashed and Obama ................. Double standard?

Old 03-14-2018, 06:48 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,540,013 times
Quote:
It'll free up more jobs for real Americans, etc. one way or the other Mexico will pay for the wall.
What jobs will it free up that the Mexicans are taking from you and your cousins—cardiologist, electrical engineer and patent attorney OR fast food worker and day laborer??

What’s a real American—blonde hair and blue eyes?..if so, am I a fake American because I have brown hair and green eyes?? I have read excerpts from Mein Kampf and Ayn Rand in college—will that help my real American cause or do I get a demerit for mentioning the educated part?

I would, instead, be all for Western democracies (that includes the USA) “building a wall” by isolating Russia.

Last edited by elchevere; 03-14-2018 at 07:22 AM..

Old 03-14-2018, 08:29 AM

9,821 posts, read 11,539,106 times
Quote:
The vast majority of us Trump supporters recognize his statement as simply being campaign rhetoric. As ICE starts to deport more and more illegal aliens back to Mexico then they'll be paying for the wall. That'll get the freeloaders off of public funded welfare. It'll free up more jobs for real Americans, etc. one way or the other Mexico will pay for the wall.

If Mexico is such a great country why aren't these people going home and "Making Mexico Great Again"???
Just out of curiosity what high paying Jobs, Hell any jobs will it free up
I can see all of us Americans now running to all of the High Paying Maid, Field working and manual labor jobs that the trump wall will create.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And: "you can keep your doctor".

Strange G. Bush was bashed and so was Obama
I fixed it for you
Obama Statements(Lies) is one of the reason why thump gained so many voters and won the election.
Gotta call it both ways

Old 03-14-2018, 08:52 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
What jobs will it free up that the Mexicans are taking from you and your cousins—cardiologist, electrical engineer and patent attorney OR fast food worker and day laborer??

What’s a real American—blonde hair and blue eyes?..if so, am I a fake American because I have brown hair and green eyes?? I have read excerpts from Mein Kampf and Ayn Rand in college—will that help my real American cause or do I get a demerit for mentioning the educated part?

I would, instead, be all for Western democracies (that includes the USA) “building a wall” by isolating Russia.
A real American is someone who is a citizen and has a legal right to be here. End of story.

I love extremist rhetoric....”uh, uh, if you don’t love illegal aliens, you’re a nazi/fascist/aryan/insert racist name here.” Idiotic argument that shows the ignorance of the poster or reveals him/her to be a race baiter.

People like this are the real racists.

Last edited by Mike930; 03-14-2018 at 09:03 AM..

Old 03-14-2018, 10:27 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,685,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post

Roofer. We made good money doing that. Good honest hard work. Then the hordes arrived. Greedy contractors figured out they could pay these people a lot less and pocket more profits. It's affected every blue collar job in this country.

Real Americans are those that aren't illegal aliens. Simple, eh?

Old 03-14-2018, 10:34 AM

Were some of the Charlottesville marchers born here who carried swastikas not race baiters and the best example of “real Americans”?

I still would like to know (from you or the other poster who made the statement) what high paying jobs a Mexican (or others) took away from qualified Americans. Should we build a wall protecting us from technology and all the advances it provides at the expense of job losses?...if a foreigner took away a McDonalds job then all one has to do is look in the mirror, not at others, and ask why are they an elephant with their tail tied to the tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
A real American is someone who is a citizen and has a legal right to be here. End of story.

I love extremist rhetoric....”uh, uh, if you don’t love illegal aliens, you’re a nazi/fascist/aryan/insert racist name here.” Idiotic argument that shows the ignorance of the poster or reveals him/her to be a race baiter.

People like this are the real racists.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:39 AM

Have you considered and/or have the skills and desire to make a career change instead of your real tale of whoa blaming others for your shortcomings?...maybe go back to school, get a new trade??

I was born here and the only way I will lose my job is if I screw up badly or someone is better than me at half the cost. So far that has not happened for 32 years and counting.i

I wish I were driving an Aston Martin but do not—should I hate on people from Greenwich, CT; Palm Beach; and Rancho Santa Fe for taking my car??

Quote:
Roofer. We made good money doing that. Good honest hard work. Then the hordes arrived. Greedy contractors figured out they could pay these people a lot less and pocket more profits. It's affected every blue collar job in this country.

Last edited by elchevere; 03-14-2018 at 10:54 AM..

Old 03-14-2018, 10:43 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,639,371 times
Quote:

Funny coincidence. I'm having my roof redone right now in San Diego, just a few miles north of the Mexican border. There isn't a single illegal alien or even someone of Mexican decent on my contractor's crew working on my roof. They're all white, English speaking guys.

May I ask where you live that there are "hordes" of illegal aliens working as roofers? Are you in San Diego?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego