Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 07:18 PM

18 posts, read 16,711 times

Advertisements

Thanks. Perhaps Carlsbad West of I-5 is worth considering then. Encinitas West of I-5 seems to have low housing stock, and very high prices for very small homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
So, I responded to the comments here in reverse order, sorry about that! But I'd focus on Village Park. It has great schools (Flora Vista and Park Dale Lane elementary, Diegueno Middle School and either San Dieguito Academy or La Costa Canyon for high school). It also has a great family vibe (lots of kids, parks, swimming pools, etc in the community).
I don't see a price range you provided, but while the rest of Encinitas is $$$, Village Park is only $$
Quote:
Originally Posted by anita house View Post
I can weigh in on Carlsbad if needed. Great schools (both my kids have gone through elementary, middle and are now headed to or in high school-man, time flies!). Walkability is good depending where you want to live--- West of 5 will give you newer and about a 5 minute walk to the beach. Just East of 5 is highly regarded and takes maybe 15 minutes to walk to the beach. The further into Carlsbad you get, will get you walkability to stores, restaurants and shopping but it just depends on what is most important to you-- Bressi Ranch (Inland), Waters End (coastal) are just a couple of the neighborhoods. Robertson Ranch is a new development and nestled in with great schools, too. I hope this helps....! Good luck! Not an easy decision...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 08:15 AM

2,160 posts, read 5,853,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ye_ye View Post
Thanks. Perhaps Carlsbad West of I-5 is worth considering then. Encinitas West of I-5 seems to have low housing stock, and very high prices for very small homes.
Coastal Encinitas is one of the most desirable areas to live in Southern California, so yeah, it's expensive and not many properties get listed. Those that do are snapped up immediately by eager home buyers who have a realtor on duty, watching for new listings. Coastal Carlsbad isn't going to be that much cheaper, if at all.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:17 AM

84 posts, read 88,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
Coastal Encinitas is one of the most desirable areas to live in Southern California, so yeah, it's expensive and not many properties get listed. Those that do are snapped up immediately by eager home buyers who have a realtor on duty, watching for new listings. Coastal Carlsbad isn't going to be that much cheaper, if at all.
Yes, anything coastal can be a challenge when buying--again, just depends what is most important for you and your family . Encinitas has a fairly expansive and great downtown which Encinitan points out, makes Encinitas very desirable. If buying, just make sure you give yourself plenty of time for the process-- things can happen quickly but don't put too much pressure on yourself. Due to the school districts, inventory (and prices) do increase at this time of the year as families wait to list until the school year is nearing the end or over----I don't think you can go wrong in any area but then again, I am a bit biased...haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego